New Forum Change Request

Also. any idea how much longer will we have to see other posts from the other brands in the Hornby Forum section.

Even when i have unticked the groups in both of the other brands, i still see their new posts and replies. Surely it can't be that hard to stop this?

Edited by Dodge1965
  • Thanks 1

Your welcome. Please be aware that the Moderators are merely a conduit between you all and Hornby Towers on forum matters, as you know they do not regularly read the posts. Feedback from them on any matters we raise is at their pace. We can and have prioritised all the points raised, but we have no control over the actioning of them. R-

• Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, RB51 said:

Your welcome. Please be aware that the Moderators are merely a conduit between Hornby Towers and forum matters. Feedback from them on any matters we raise is at their pace. We can and have prioritised all the points raised, but we have no control over the actioning of them. R-

Yep.. Not having a pop at anyone here, just thought i would post and see , if there was any update. I'm sure there is a load to sort and tweek..  Plus there must be a list of the top ones to sort and changing some views, probably isn't right up there...   I do try to control the impatient side of me.. Honest

Edited by Dodge1965
  • Thanks 2

@Dodge1965Hi!

I did the tick and un-tick thing, and was still annoyed by unwanted intrusions  

I solved it by making a bookmark in my browser to this.  

https://community.hornbyhobbies.com/forum/3-hornby/

It brings me to the collection of sub-forums I like without the chaff.  I don't know if this will work for you.  Give it a try, its a link back to here.  Therefore safe.

Bee

24 minutes ago, What About The Bee said:

@Dodge1965Hi!

I did the tick and un-tick thing, and was still annoyed by unwanted intrusions  

I solved it by making a bookmark in my browser to this.  

https://community.hornbyhobbies.com/forum/3-hornby/

It brings me to the collection of sub-forums I like without the chaff.  I don't know if this will work for you.  Give it a try, its a link back to here.  Therefore safe.

Bee

Thanks.. Will give it a try..

1 hour ago, RB51 said:

Your welcome. Please be aware that the Moderators are merely a conduit between you all and Hornby Towers on forum matters, as you know they do not regularly read the posts. Feedback from them on any matters we raise is at their pace. We can and have prioritised all the points raised, but we have no control over the actioning of them. R-

Isn't it about time some of them did?

14 hours ago, Brew Man said:

Isn't it about time some of them did?

A dialogue is in place which flags up pertinent problems and commentary to Hornby Admin, if the Mods can't fix it.

There is no need for anything further than that. Members with personal problems will have to take them to Customer Services anyhow, hence outwith that dialogue.

Hornby - Airfix - Scalex neither have the time or resource to trawl the forums day by day to see if there is anything of interest to them.

On 29/02/2024 at 07:58, 96RAF said:

A dialogue is in place which flags up pertinent problems and commentary to Hornby Admin, if the Mods can't fix it.

There is no need for anything further than that. Members with personal problems will have to take them to Customer Services anyhow, hence outwith that dialogue.

Hornby - Airfix - Scalex neither have the time or resource to trawl the forums day by day to see if there is anything of interest to them.

Rob,

Any update on the view, where i see all brands in the Hornby forum? Just curious... Thanks

1 hour ago, Dodge1965 said:

Rob,

Any update on the view, where i see all brands in the Hornby forum? Just curious... Thanks

Still in hand with Hornby Towers admin and brand managers as to whether they want to retain a common forum in the global view all page or split it into separate forums as seen when the brand logo is selected on the splash page.

• Thanks 1

Out of time to edit above. I couldn’t edit it after 6 mins - let alone 15!

While you can successfully search for three letter words e.g. and, the etc.  Two or single letter searches return no results & actual blank/wildcard searches aren’t allowed.

The reason when this would be especially useful is when searching a sub-forum or thread for posts by a particular author - say if you want to find all the posts/replies you have made to a thread.

Edited by LTSR_NSE

All I can say @LTSR_NSE is that was our information. It has been reported today by others so clearly something is not set properly. It has been flagged [as you know] but we’ll send a flare. R-

• Thanks 1

On 07/03/2024 at 12:16, LTSR_NSE said:

Very much enjoying the new search facility - one thing that would make it perfect would be the option for wildcard searches.

Try double @ 

Eg @@raf  with no space. You also get the option for 'and-and' 'and-or' 'or-or', etc and also by way or more search options button to search content or title or for a member and a whole host of things.