New Forum Change Request

Could not see a topic about possible requests for changes or improvements to the new forum. So have started this.

My problem is that the font of the content, .e this paragraph, is very faint and with my poor eyesight I cannot read it unless I expand it quite a lot.

The old forum font was fine.

Would it be possible to make the font darker so that it is easier to read.

• Like 1

If they do consider improvements for accessibility, then adding a function for image description might be worthwhile. I suspect not many would remember to use it but I know it helps those who are partially sighted and use text readers. There may be an assumption that such folk wouldn’t visit this site, but I think that would be presumptuous.

The font seems about right to me but yes I'm sure it may be a bit small/thin for some folk.     Need to be careful not to start making everything bold though otherwise you lose its usefulness as a means of emphasis.   The browser should allow you to change the font size of the page as a whole.
Maybe increase the default size to 16 or 18 like this (seems to be 14 at the moment).

• Thanks 1

The editor is versatile and even lets you see what it would look like on desktop, tablet or phone by clicking the 'look at page' icon (far right). The only addition to font would be type which could create all sorts of odd effects, so simply adjust size and emboldment, justification, tabulation,, etc as required within this box before posting. If it looks good then go for it.

In addition you can insert hyperlinks, quotes, code or emojis.

Another change request - All Topics / Specific Topic view discrepancy.

When viewing a Specific Topic, the list shows each thread’s latest poster’s avatar (on the right) along with time since latest post.

However when viewing All Topics, the list shows each thread’s creator’s avatar (on the left) & the time since last post is very faintly shown underneath.

It would be much clearer (and therefore appreciated) if the All Topics view could match the Specific Topic one.

Edited by LTSR_NSE
Grammar
  • Like 2

Normal iPhone 7 text

(red and bigger)    text written after copying from 96Raf’s post

(strike thru')    hmmm… so apparently my phone can use these fancy font features… 

(bold and centred)   it just can’t initiate them - how bizarre!

15 hours ago, Dodge1965 said:

Also on IOS i don't think you can change font size and colour and align left/right/centre , like you can in windows/PC?

Dodge, please advise your device model and version. R-

1 minute ago, Dodge1965 said:

Iphone 12 and 17.3.1 upright or on side, the same options. 

On my ipad mini same ios, its the same view as my windows laptop with firefox, when on its side , everything available. 

+1, just observed the same on iPad vs iPhone.

There do seem to be two versions of the site, one for mobiles other for desktop, which is quite normal. Functionality does start to change and get confusing if you regularly go from one to the other!

• Thanks 1

If you choose the option to "ignore a user" , why do you still see their new posts, in the unread section.

Yes i know their comments to other posts are hidden and u can choose to see these or not. But surely the whole idea is to "ignore" them and not see anything from them??

Edited by Dodge1965
  • Thanks 1