HM7000 Loco Image Library?

gilbo2

Are there any plans to create a Loco image library like RailMaster has put together over the years? Would be so helpful when adding locos to use with the dongle.

Also, what's the best way to scale an image smaller, I nearly always find it's too big for the App :classic_sad:

Edited by gilbo2

I created my own image library by photographing each of my locos. Useful for insurance purposes as well.

Once you have imported your photo you can adjust the size of the frame by dragging in the borders.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SteveM6 said:

I just took the photos for my library from a distance then cropped in to make them fit.

Got you. I was trying this yesterday, then found the loco would sit too high or too low in the apps "letter box" view , it drove me up the wall  :classic_wacko:.

16 minutes ago, gilbo2 said:

Got you. I was trying this yesterday, then found the loco would sit too high or too low in the apps "letter box" view , it drove me up the wall  :classic_wacko:.

Once you have zoomed in you can reposition the image within the frame.

I transferred over to an iPad from an iPhone over the weekend and your comment @Bulleidboy made be realise that I didn't have as much trouble before. So I've just tried taking a few more images in portrait on the iPad, saved to the Photo library as a normal. Now, when importing to the app I have a much better success rate and can quickly re-import to adjust the position. It would be so good if the App actually drew a box, when importing an image, so you can see exactly the limits to work to.

I still wish there was an inbuilt image library though (as well as a way to transfer all locos over to a new device in one go), would make life much easier :classic_wink:

58 minutes ago, gilbo2 said:

@Bulleidboystill wish there was an inbuilt image library though (as well as a way to transfer all locos over to a new device in one go), would make life much easier :classic_wink:

I couldn't get rid of BB's tag on that quote.

An inbuilt library would potentially have to cater for every number of every loco in every livery - probably not practical.🤔

The 'block transfer' between devices was raised with the development team a couple of weeks ago. They know how to do it but other developments eg consists have priority at the moment.

1 hour ago, SteveM6 said:

An inbuilt library would potentially have to cater for every number of every loco in every livery - probably not practical.🤔

The 'block transfer' between devices was raised with the development team a couple of weeks ago. They know how to do it but other developments eg consists have priority at the moment.

I was thinking the existing RailMaster library (+2000 Hornby locos) could be read across, but the images are tiny to use so they would have to revert to the originals. Anyway, just a thought.

It would be good if the block transfer was added to their "to do" list? Its a shame Apple don't allow individual apps and data to be backed up and restored in iCloud.

1 minute ago, LTSR_NSE said:

iCloud can backup app data - but I imagine it requires individual apps to enable/support the feature?

Yes, you have to restore an entire device just to get the one app your after. So to move from an iPhone to an iPad by backup/restore does work, but my iPad had loads of other stuff on it which I didn't want to loose. Some apps do share data through iCloud (eg photos), so that could be a route for the developers to go maybe. Alternatively, data could be shared to Hornby's own server and copied across that way?

As I don’t use iCloud personally, I would definitely favour the Hornby Server route.  Since we already log into the app that shows the server must be storing some account info already.  Increasing this to include app data would be a fantastic feature. 👍

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Baz657 said:

I suggested to George (Hornby) to add an image to the sound files that we download. It was taken on board but it probably isn’t high in the list of things to do.

As previously noted which image do you include, a generic to class image, or do you want the exact cab number from an R number like RM. The former is fairly easy, the later requires a big database to be added and linked to a pick list in the app.

Would anyone like to use my loco images? More than happy to help. A few images are attached that work in size on an iPad using the HM7000 App. The bleed from the lightbox will disappear when it sizes automatically to an iPad or iPhone. 

Knight of Thistle.jpg

Lemberg 45.jpeg

Mallard Blue 4468.jpeg

Burgandy Turbomotive.jpeg

Hush Hush Photographic Grey stream lined.jpeg

City of Edinbourgh 6241.jpeg

City of Litchfield.jpeg

Edited by The Last Ninja
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, 96RAF said:

Thanks for those images Ninje.

I am just converting my City of Edinburgh into a Turbomotive. Got fed up with the valve gear and motion dropping to bits.

No problem 96RAF. I have many more. Is there a gallery section where I can upload my images for all members to use? Every time I click gallery it says not available. BTW Not had any issues with my City of Edinburgh. Turbomotive is a great model from Hornby though. Any locos you need images for, let me know. Here is a black Turbomtive for you and other images. Do you want me to upload some diesel and electric loco images?. 

Black Turbomotive.jpeg

Caldicot Castle.jpeg

T9.jpeg

Hush Hush Blue stream lined.jpeg

Chamossaire 514.jpeg

Hush Hush.jpeg

2MT KWR Green 78022.jpeg

Gannet 4900.jpeg

Lamport & Holt 35026.jpeg

9F 92002.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Nice image of the black Turbo.

If you go to +Create drop down, then pick gallery, then members gallery you can post there for all to see.

The test version of the forum allowed for a member to have their own gallery area and to create albums for various genre. We hope to get this feature released to Gen-pop. In the meantime everything goes in the one bucket.

10 minutes ago, 96RAF said:

Nice image of the black Turbo.

If you go to +Create drop down, then pick gallery, then members gallery you can post there for all to see.

The test version of the forum allowed for a member to have their own gallery area and to create albums for various genre. We hope to get rhis feature released to Gen-'pop. In the meantime everything goes in the one bucket.

Glad you like the image 96 RAF. I am just off out now so will create that gallery later for everyone.