TT:120 HST Swift Is Here

Dodge1965

33 minutes ago, Rallymatt said:

You will be able to pension off that dirty old steam engine Dave and treat the good folk of Hollybush to the treats of the modern age ๐Ÿ˜

That TARDIS sitting by the church must have been playing up again, HST running next to A1s and A4s?ย ๐Ÿ˜‚

Btw, do I understand this correctly:ย TT3022M BR, InterCity Executive Class 43 HST Train Pack do not have DCC in it, and there is no DCC included option, right?

Is it required to buy 2 xย R7345 HM7000-N18TXS: Bluetoothยฎ & DCC Sound Decoder (Next18-pin) for it, right?

5 minutes ago, Grenkin said:

Btw, do I understand this correctly:ย TT3022M BR, InterCity Executive Class 43 HST Train Pack do not have DCC in it, and there is no DCC included option, right?

Is it required to buy 2 xย R7345 HM7000-N18TXS: Bluetoothยฎ & DCC Sound Decoder (Next18-pin) for it, right?

The product page points to a digital installed option but the link returns an OOPs page.

ย 

IMG_1755.jpeg

49 minutes ago, 96RAF said:

The product page points to a digital installed option but the link returns an OOPs page.

ย 

IMG_1755.jpeg

Yeah, the digital version (TT3022 TXSM) holds the unique distinction of being the only Hornby TT:120 product I know of that has been cancelled. Unless you count TT6022, but I consider that more of a replacement... We never got a good explanation for why it was cancelled, but it might have had to do with limited decoder availability. ๐Ÿค”

Edited by Generic Hornby Username

54 minutes ago, Grenkin said:

Exactly!

1 hour ago, Grenkin said:

Yes, this is exactly the situation correctly outlined. I was one of the cancelled orderers and didnโ€™t reorder until I saw how good it looks. Iโ€™ve never fitted a decoder, let alone two, or a speaker and am looking out for posts on here of those that have for guidance. Mineโ€™s probably due next week from Rails.ย 

1 hour ago, Grenkin said:

For some reason they pulled the digital version a while back. I bought the two decoders and fitted them.

7 minutes ago, Skelton Junction said:

Yes, this is exactly the situation correctly outlined. I was one of the cancelled orderers and didnโ€™t reorder until I saw how good it looks. Iโ€™ve never fitted a decoder, let alone two, or a speaker and am looking out for posts on here of those that have for guidance. Mineโ€™s probably due next week from Rails.ย 

Fitting the decoder is easy, you remove 4 screws underneath and ease the body off. You can see the DC blanking plate which you remove and then the small board fits in its place. The speaker has its own socket away from the board which is keyed so it only fits one way. The dummy car was a bit more fiddly as you have to move the wheels to the side to unfasten the screws.ย 

For some reason I didn't get a leaflet with mine showing me where the screws are so I had to use photos from the forums to see what to do. I'm going to contact Hornby next week to see if they can send me one.

Both are fitted and in, sounds are fantastic.ย 

Tip: make sure the speaker is working before sticking it down! I had a faulty one that I had to remove. Lucky I had a spare from other decoder boxes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good point Fishy,I did miss out some details. I was probably posting in haste and still buzzing.. Will do better next time, to help others. Thanks for heads up..ย ๐Ÿ‘

So for both parts, there are 4 screws in the bogie area, the drive loco is easier to get to the screws. Once removed the main body can be removed, like other locos, there is the dummy decoder, this you remove and add the decoder you plan to use. The speaker goes in the other end and plugs in right near it. The speaker cable is very long and I used some electrical tape and held wires at the end all together and also kept the red cable from the body mounting screws, which is close.

I tested the sound and installed the correct sound profile,( instructions in this post, in the form of a picture, also in a post in the HMDCC area) then put the body back on. The dummy car, has different bogies and you twist them side to side to access the screws. Same procedure as drive car.ย 
in HMDCC the decoders are added as usual, I kept them close together and named them as power and dummy.

i also tested the lights while bodies were off. Cab light works with main lights, I found.

Sorry I have slept since and not an expert at all, if I have missed anything, Iโ€™m sure others can add, if I have said something wrong, please correct me.

I was nervous working on something so small, crazy I used to be a mainframe engineer and fibre optics tech.ย 
Got to say, I love the HST, itโ€™s a dream come true.ย 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dodge1965 said:

Yes at the end near the speaker, sorry meant to mention that.

Here u can see the speaker mounted and loads of wire, once tidy, the stay alive can sit there. I was going to fit one, but did think it will not need it. But if it does, will take a few minutes to fit.ย 

IMG_3449.jpeg

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Fishmanoz said:

@Grenkin, do you realise youโ€™ve asked about fitting decoders on this thread raised by Dodge when he in fact describes fitting them on page 1 although with little detail except the dummy car is more difficult.ย 

@Fishmanozย yes I realise, but I wanted to confirm exact number.

Also I was confused why 2, as second was called dummy? Or I just confused everything.

What are the early views on power banks being necessary and, if so, whether theyโ€™ll be needed in the dummy too?

Seems like overkill to have two, but the decoder sound (and lights) will still cut out on the dummy if power is interrupted.

11 hours ago, Generic Hornby Username said:

Yeah, the digital version (TT3022 TXSM) holds the unique distinction of being the only Hornby TT:120 product I know of that has been cancelled.ย ๐Ÿค”

I do hope that doesn't happen to the Blue version ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ

https://uk.hornby.com/products/br-class-43-hst-digital-train-pack-era-7-tt3021txsm

11 minutes ago, StuLarge said:

I do hope that doesn't happen to the Blue version ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ

https://uk.hornby.com/products/br-class-43-hst-digital-train-pack-era-7-tt3021txsm

By all accounts, these are already in production and at least some are on their way on a vessel sailing the high seas!ย 

Edited by Moccasin
Autochange error
  • Like 1