Double reward points offer and low stock items

Moccasin

Just to note that (as of 1300 Friday 1st March) there are a few items showing as "last few" in the TT120 range and these might go quickly with the double points offer on:

• TT6022 Esso TTA tanker
  • TT9008 straight platform
  • TT8009 right hand point
  • TT8032 Track Pack 3
  • TT9003 S& C Waiting Room

They may find more down the back of a cupboard (they have with the double straight) but if any of these are on your wish list, then may be best to get them now.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Moccasin said:

Just to note that (as of 1300 Friday 1st March) there are a few items showing as "last few" in the TT120 range and these might go quickly with the double points offer on:

• TT6022 Esso TTA tanker
  • TT9008 straight platform
  • TT8009 right hand point
  • TT8032 Track Pack 3
  • TT9003 S& C Waiting Room

They may find more down the back of a cupboard (they have with the double straight) but if any of these are on your wish list, then may be best to get them now.

Poor @Rallymatt wanted another 50 Esso tankers... But all sold out now... Think he was blaming you @Moccasin 😁

*Sigh*, I put in an order on 28 Feb.  Just, too impatient!   C'est la vie.  Anyway, I was in need of the Extension Pack 2 (out of stock currently) but managed to acquire through a good Hobby Shop supplier on-line, for around the same price.  I just asked if they could sell outside of a TT:120 Track Bundle they listed and they were very obliging.  (I had previously messaged Hornby to ask when it would be next in stock, and they replied 'summer').   What I am trying to say is that there are Hobby Shops that still have stock for most of TT:120 for around the same prices.   I have 2x Duchesses on pre-order too, though I will pay full price as I am only 34 and a half.  ish.

This time it's worked out quite well for me for once. Could have been better, as I'd not long pre-ordered the HST, but I'd not pre-ordered coaches. I've put an order for two in on double points, then by the time the loco and doubled coaches points clear I can pick up the rest of the Mk3s I wanted for pretty much free

• Like 1

Perfect timing for me. Just got double points on the coaches and the exec train pack. Almost makes up for the excess postage charges on the TTA pre orders a while back. Still have the blue 125 and coaches on order.  I might have to order another baseboard at this rate. 😃

I guess I know where a couple of the HM7000 chips I got from Hattons will be going next week.  

• Like 1

Last few right hand points?  So, no more RH points. Either  Hornby are not truly committed to TT120, or they have insufficient marketing capability it is a threat to TT120. Who on earth signed that message off? 

It will be an automated message when stock level reaches a certain point. There are track supplies with retailers Nationally and more track supplies are on the way. Peco kept selling out of track last year too. 

The RH points are all gone. Hopefully they don't stay gone for as long as the straights last year. In the meantime either just go left or consider track pack 1 which contains one - assuming the other bits are of use!

1 hour ago, Paul M said:

Last few right hand points?  So, no more RH points. Either  Hornby are not truly committed to TT120, or they have insufficient marketing capability it is a threat to TT120. Who on earth signed that message off? 

It’s a sales tactic for the FOMO crowd I saw that on the 18 pin decoders so ordered then and hour later it had disappeared so two decoders for the 50 & 66 but they ain’t here yet lol

It is odd how the “Last Few” works, with models going to Sold Out and then back to being in stock days later. In this case I don’t think it’s a conspiracy or Hornby being crafty, but more likely that for most things they don’t always update stock levels when new stock arrives and so they only do it when getting the warning that an item is out of stock. 

Platforms, straight track, buildings etc all seem to come back quickly. Locomotives less so and those are the ones that if you want something it’s best to buy them when still in stock. Non-sound Flying Scotsman and the blue 08 have both been out of stock for months. 

• Like 1

I ordered HST Executive on Friday anticipating that with all the positive reviews, stock will go quick.

Double points announced Friday afternoon so lost out on that deal (doh & boo).🥳

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Taff TT said:

I ordered HST Executive on Friday anticipating that with all the positive reviews, stock will go quick.

Double points announced Friday afternoon so lost out on that deal (doh & boo).🥳

I’m hoping they sell out before my resolve breaks. Hopefully not long before the blue/grey set makes it here.

Edited by Moccasin
Spellllllling
  • Like 1