Blue-Grey HST due soon

@Martin-369195 - there have been previous reports of an issue where multiple HM7k decoders cannot be operated & only the first placed on track is.  The solution for these situations has been to:
• completely delete affected decoders from app.
• remove affected locos from track & power off phone/tablet. 
• power everything back on again.  
• go through the linking process again.

The decoders should then be able to be operated together.

20 hours ago, D9020 Nimbus said:

Usually the DPD tracking displays a map showing where the van is and where your house is and says something like "<Driver's name> is currently making delivery no xx. Yours is delivery no. yy. We will be with you in approximately <time>."

My local DPD depot is also Team Valley, and I've had no problems with them so far. The local Evri couriers have generally been excellent, but I've occasionally had issues before the parcel got to them (not model railways, thankfully).

I was stalking him round my area, got the you are next notification and then sorry we missed you grrr 

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, gc4946 said:

I ask DPD to drop parcels off at a nearby collection point. It means I don't have to worry about a missed home delivery

we just had a parcel locker for DPD installed near by might have to give it a try

Edited by Postman On The Rails
  • Like 1

On 24/03/2024 at 08:41, Martin-369195 said:

Thanks @Fishmanoz

I went through the troubleshooting guide with no success, powered the layout off and left it for the evening.

This morning both units showed they were online - blue blue tooth symbol - and the dummy car responded to sound commands. But now the power car won't respond to sound or movement at all.

If I place just the dummy car on the track the app recognises it and responds 

If I place just the power car on the track the app recognises it and responds

If I place both cars on the track the app recognises the power car which responds, but doesn't recognize the dummy car.

I'm baffled... Any further advice folks? 

Agreed your best bet is the Hm DCC part of the forum, but whilst you’re here, sometimes I’ve had to do a re-start on my tablet to get them talking to each other again after a blip. No idea why, but maybe worth trying. Can’t beat the old off-and-on routine!

3 hours ago, GMD said:

Agreed your best bet is the Hm DCC part of the forum, but whilst you’re here, sometimes I’ve had to do a re-start on my tablet to get them talking to each other again after a blip. No idea why, but maybe worth trying. Can’t beat the old off-and-on routine!

Good old fashioned switch off and on again 😝 

11 minutes ago, Postman On The Rails said:

Very enjoyable running in session, had a slight problem with the dummy car lights but stopping and resuming the layout resolved it.

Looking good there... Glad the delivery happened.. Enjoy

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rallymatt said:

That warmed up the axle boxes of those MK1s! I think it’s fair to say the HSTs have really shown how great TT:120 is getting! Hope the Princess lives up to high expectations now 😁

Well you have to open it up to full power don’t you. Yes indeed they have definitely nailed it with the HSTs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rallymatt said:

That warmed up the axle boxes of those MK1s! I think it’s fair to say the HSTs have really shown how great TT:120 is getting! Hope the Princess lives up to high expectations now 😁

Have the princess on pre-order with coaches. I hope the details are as good as the HST and Mk3s. Looking forward to April too.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Interesting that if you look at Wagons & Coaches in the shop with in stock items only filter appliesd both the  BR & GWR are showing along with LMS ‘57s but when you click on them they still showing are pre-order is this a sign I wonder or are they just tinkering ahead of Tuesday

Edited by Postman On The Rails

Mr Sam has reviewed this HST. Very favourable on detail and performance. Less so on quality and value - a little harsh. As far as price is concerned compare to an A3 with lit Pullmans. Not far off! Quality comments were rather picky. But I suppose this is generally what he does.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Robc058 said:

Mr Sam has reviewed this HST. Very favourable on detail and performance. Less so on quality and value - a little harsh. As far as price is concerned compare to an A3 with lit Pullmans. Not far off! Quality comments were rather picky. But I suppose this is generally what he does.

That's a good summary! You could have saved me 25 minutes... 😆