TT buildings

Mulsanne88

So the 3 little new buildings arrived today. Good quality as the others. But they don't really go together as such. I'm guessing there will be a right terrace and maybe a middle one coming?

I don't understand the shop names for the two buildings, to me they just look like houses, you would have no idea that a shop was in there?

WhatsAppImage2024-04-13at18_09.14_600a98e9.thumb.jpg.feac964073fdf79fa4a5dcece6a90401.jpgWhatsAppImage2024-04-13at18_09.14_26f9da9e.thumb.jpg.dc98e529e2c059f730cca38332cfb096.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dodge1965 said:

So the 3 little new buildings arrived today. Good quality as the others. But they don't really go together as such. I'm guessing there will be a right terrace and maybe a middle one coming?

I don't understand the shop names for the two buildings, to me they just look like houses, you would have no idea that a shop was in there?

WhatsAppImage2024-04-13at18_09.14_600a98e9.thumb.jpg.feac964073fdf79fa4a5dcece6a90401.jpgWhatsAppImage2024-04-13at18_09.14_26f9da9e.thumb.jpg.dc98e529e2c059f730cca38332cfb096.jpg

What’s the width and depth of them. I have the others but not sure if these will fit my layout. 

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Gregory-374918 said:

I have just got myself a set of buildings. Quite impressive except that the bungalow seems bigger than the church, it really looks odd. Is a bungalow really bigger than a church ?!!

What are the bungalow's dimensions, please?

The bungalow looks to be very strangely proportioned and the roof tiles seem massive.  The buildings seem rather hit and miss.  Some are excellent but some aren't.

Yesterday I bought the church, which is excellent and the footbridge, which most definitely isn't.

• Like 1

@SMR248 what’s wrong with the footbridge apart from it being very expensive? I bought one a while ago. I haven’t build the station yet so it’s not on the layout but I took it out quickly to look at it and it seemed fine. 

I’m still waiting for my new buildings. Is Hornby playing silly buggers with retailers again. Rails have them in stock but TMC says they still haven’t got theirs. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rallymatt said:

What don’t you like about the Hornby footbridge? I was quite impressed with mine. Using ‘metal’ for the frame work gives a reasonably fine but substantial build to it. 

@Rallymatt mine was very chunky (compared to the picture on the box), poorly assembled and poorly painted.  I wish i'd just bought the cheapo 3d printed version on ebay...  I guess it is fairly robust though.

First time I've bought Tt120 from a retailer hence reference to the picture on the box.

They are largely hand made but even so if you are not happy, I’d return it. I wouldn’t say mine or any I have seen are chunky, something sounds a bit off on that one. 
I know resin stuff can come a bit wonky, if that happens, pop it in hot water for 10 mins and you can tweak them into shape 

Went on holiday to Norfolk last year and went through a village called 'Little Snoring'. a bit further on arrived at..... yep, you guessed it, 'Great Snoring'.  I don't think there is a railway line there though, maybe wrong.  My yet to be TT:120 layout might just adopt the villages' names.  

• Like 1

Received my Croft cottage and the photographers shop today. They are clearly not going to be able to sit on the same layout (my layout is tiny so I can’t even force perspective). Looking on metcalf some of the N buildings are much bigger than the Croft cottage. The photographs shop seems to be correct to the other railway buildings.

I don’t think so, not yet anyway. If I don’t use it now it’s not the only thing in a box now that will hopefully be used later. I keep trying to justify it as it’s an old cottage which would have been smaller but it seems just too small. Strangely it looks better from the back so that’s another option (no roof windows on the back and the door seems larger).

Posted (edited)

@taunmarc88 - these are the traditional homes in my part of the world - built from around the turn of the last century onwards. They are small homes, and are now known as two-up-two-downs due to the basic configuration of rooms. Your eyes will adjust. They really were/are small homes! Plenty of them still in usable condition and lived in to this day. 

Edited by GMD
  • Like 2

@GMD I’ve decided I’m going to keep trying it and hope a garden will blend it in better. At least knowing you have knowledge of them helps with the sizing in my mind. I’ll keep it on the layout whilst I’m building and playing so it becomes normal to me.

I got two of the crofts and the church in the current offer. I have to say that the crofts are delightful and the detail in the church is outstanding. They will give a nice impression of a small rural community when I get to that stage in my build.

19 hours ago, Andrew-372848 said:

I got two of the crofts and the church in the current offer. I have to say that the crofts are delightful and the detail in the church is outstanding. They will give a nice impression of a small rural community when I get to that stage in my build.

The church does look good. I have this morbid idea to stage a funeral. Wonder if you can get a tt120 ⚰️ ? 😄 🤣 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, david_watts1 said:

Preiser do 3 different N gauge funeral scenes. Noch do a TT:120 wedding scene and some guests. Preiser will be doing an open and a closed coach with wedding couple and driver.

Product search TT modellbahnshop-lippe.com

Thanks for the info David!  would be good to have a wedding set and funeral and could change it depending on mood. I did find an tt120 Austin Princess hearse online. 😆 

Nothing morbid at all, it’s part of life. There is a fantastic layout at The Model Railway (of Great Britain?) in London with a full on Horse with white plume and procession. I got some 3D printed gravestones, wasn’t so impressed with names on but that’s what craft knife is for! Graveyards are fascinating places for history research. I think your idea of a funeral would be a great little cameo and what better way to go than in a Princess Hearse!