Anyone actually seen a blue/grey mk3 yet?

Peachy

2 hours ago, Rallymatt said:

Just compare where TT:120 is now… 😁

Outrageous, I can't believe shrinkflation has removed the cardboard tunnel from the sets 😜

I had the Lima set. Happy memories 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Five of my blue grey MK3s shipped on Friday evening with the last 2 still in processing for some reason.

I just provided updated payment details for my GWR MK3s that had been ordered using a long expired card. Interestingly I had the same issue with this as previously with my exec MK3s. I was able to release the first 7 but got an error for the final 8th coach. This time I had an alternative card on file so was able to switch the last coach over to that. and all was OK after that. I suspect there is some sort of security limit with making multiple requests against the same card in a short period.

I'm getting 5 in 1 shipment sent last Friday and 10 in another shipment sent today. I've arranged for them all to be delivered this coming Friday. At least they're not all coming individually like last time. That was ridiculous!

2 hours ago, Dodge1965 said:

Snap... I've had two emails for my deliveries. Such as waste of packing and time.

Looks like they’ll both arrive at the same time. I’m assuming that these two deliveries contain the four coaches between them. I could of course get two more notifications. As far as I’m aware, there’s no way of checking what’s in each consignment.

As you say, it’s a waste of time & packing etc. 

3 hours ago, Moccasin said:

Hmmm. Looks like my four Mk3s are coming in at least two deliveries. 

Mine are the same, only 2 DPD emails 3 in 1 delivery and one in the other. The amount taken from my credit card appears to show I have been charged delivery for each one. Call to customer services needed.

The disconnect in the pick/pack/ship system is frustrating not just for customers but from Hornby’s perspective it’s like burning fivers just for fun 😳It does need getting a grip of and give the poor CS team a break too. 

• Like 1

Interestingly it seems like it’s the restaurant/buffet that’s more likely to be sent on its own after the rest. It’s the case with mine and I notice someone on RMWeb has the same. Maybe they’re in different parts of the warehouse?!🤷🏻‍♂️

18 minutes ago, Moccasin said:

Interestingly it seems like it’s the restaurant/buffet that’s more likely to be sent on its own after the rest. It’s the case with mine and I notice someone on RMWeb has the same. Maybe they’re in different parts of the warehouse?!🤷🏻‍♂️

That’s the same for me. 

The 2 that shipped today for me where the TT4026 buffet and one of the TT4025A 1st class coach. They where bundled in with my GWR MK3s. The only significant thing I can see about these is they have higher stocks numbers so maybe they worked through from lowest to highest. They had no problem sending my GWR MK3s in a single consignment possibly because the demand for these is lower being region specific.

3 hours ago, Rallymatt said:

from Hornby’s perspective it’s like burning fivers just for fun 😳

It shouldn’t be affecting Hornby financially - unless they’ve made a very bad deal.

Having outsourced logistics - any wastage in the system should only be affecting the logistics provider’s profit!  (Whether postage refunds affect Hornby’s profit is another matter.)

Wholeheartedly agreed that it’s detrimental to customers, reputation, & customer service team though!

Edited by LTSR_NSE
Added info

All seven arrived in one well packaged box just a few minutes ago. So much easier from Rails and already had the 10% discount - no need to wait a month for any points to be added.

Surprised to see this Baz as I have 4 on pre-order from them and no notification - do they not let you know when they are filling a pre-order?

Anyway, checking my card, they billed me for £131 last Saturday. That amount has me wondering as the 4-coach price is is £136 before postage and they are all on the same order.

Will find out soon though.

Mine arrived today.. As others have said, the Restaurant coach was in a massive box. The other coaches in a much smaller and tight for size box.. Crazy..   But they made it and all look good...

Edited by Dodge1965

Received two parcels this morning containing BR Intercity Mk3 coaches on separate deliveries from DPD. The first parcel contained a Tourist first and a Restaurant/Buffet; the second the other five Mk3 coaches. I will now claim the £3.95 postage per coach which was charged when I pre-ordered the items as each parcel has a value exceeding £50. This should give a refund of  £27.65.

59 minutes ago, Fishmanoz said:

Surprised to see this Baz as I have 4 on pre-order from them and no notification - do they not let you know when they are filling a pre-order?

I had the first email notification the day before delivery (yesterday, Monday), although I did the live chat thingy last Friday to remind them about Hornby already showing stock. Amazingly, they messaged me later saying they were expecting a delivery on Saturday.

Arrived in stock on the Saturday, dispatched on the Monday and delivered on the Tuesday. If only all companies were like that...

9 minutes ago, Rallymatt said:

How excited Peter? 😁 Layout plans are back on the agenda! 

Sadly nothing that can fit this behemoth! Anything wanting to have a proper spin will have to stay on the lake. Time to put away before the kitchen is used for its proper purpose. 

• 3 weeks later...

My 4 turned up from Rails on Monday, less than a week in transit.  No time to check them out yet.

Pleased with the outcome.  As well as their discount, Rails removed VAT, Aust didn’t hit me for GST and the £18 postage was less than the VAT saved.

This would now seem to be the best TT:120 purchase path for me.  Cheaper than Hornby plus points via a UK address due to the VAT and out of sight versus the non-existent stock in Aust via Hornby’s wholesale arrangement with SMS.

• Like 6