Only operates 1 Loco

I have just added a second Loco to my HMDCC App. 

If both are on the same piece of track (Siding) then the HMDCC only connects with one of them. If I remove it from the layout then it recycles itself and picks up the 2nd one.

One is out of the box 47200 and has address changed from 3 to 200 and the other is 67005 (manually fitted HM7000 -8TXS) with address 5

Is there a lack of power from my Elite or is HMDCC not as good as it seems ?

If power related then I guess the Stay alive may help but can't see this is the reason

Malc

9 minutes ago, Malcolm-801628 said:

So I guess others have the same issue ?

New to forum so apologise what do you mean "push up to Hornby" do you mean raise a support request directly ?

It means I have done it.

Yes there have been several similar forum reports suggesting a meshing problem.

Their response is to use the unlink/relink method, until the results of their investigation are firmed up.

• Thanks 1

There is not a lack of power from the Elite. 

Remember, HM | DCC, which is a step change in DCC capability, is only just over 12 months from initial release and, while generally functional with/without work around, is still subject to further development to reach full capability. 

I work in IT so I appreciate the development path.

So far I have goods things to say about HMDCC but I do want 2 loco's running at the same time on bluetooth, like I can through the elite.

I see people suggesting unlink and relink but does that give me 2 running at the same time?

Was about to order another decoder to get my 08 running but will hold off until I can get 2 running

Yes @Malcolm-801628 the app is perfectly capable of running multiple locos/decoders simultaneously.  If it can only connect with 1 at a time that is a Bluetooth mesh glitch, unlinking/relinking all affected decoders has worked for others who’ve experienced this glitch.

Posted (edited)

I give up. unlinking and relinking didn't work for me. Will try again when I have more time, Maybe I am doing it the wrong way. Had to Unassign first then unlink / delete (needed the Reset code) then Setup again and assigned old logo profile

Edited by Malcolm-801628
Extra Info

Malcom, for what worth, I’ve had up to 6 locos running simultaneously (the maximum I can cope with, not the system), so HM7k is more than able to run multiple locos at the same time. I power my layout using the Hornby PSU P9300 (5Amps) and control it using an iPad Pro 6th Generation.

You mention that you’re powering your layout with the Elite, but on what platform are you running the App?

Don’t give up, there is a solution out there for you and you will be able to run multiple locos.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am using a Samsung Galaxy Tab A so not the most obscure brand in the world. Just seems totally incapable in HMDCC of connecting to more than one bluetooth device at a time. Can't believe it is the Tablet

If I only have one loco on the layout it will operate that one If I have both it seems to not work either of them one off layout and engines will start as requested before one was taken away

Initially the 2nd wouldn't talk to HMDCC App so thought it was the decoder. So soy everything down. Did a DC test with a 9v battery and it ran. Did the same with the Decoder and HMDCC connected to it. But once on the layout only one will show Blue bluetooth the other is red

@Malcolm-801628 I’d recommend emailing hm.customercare@hornby.com - you will then be speaking to the HM|DCC & HM7000 developer.

They might be able to suggest something we’ve missed, or alternatively you might be able to give them details that assist with identifying the fault.

Thanks to all for your assistance. If I have loco 1 and Loco 2 on the track and ask loco 1 to start its engines nothing happens. Then when I remove loco 2 from the track loco 1 busts into life because it takes a connection when loco 2 releases it.

So looks to me like I am stuck with just once bluetooth device available at a time. So have e-mailed as you guys suggest 

Seriously loosing patience with this now. the 67 (manually fitted decoder) is working like a dream but the 47 (factoy fitted) which did work when the 67 wasn't on the layout no longer works. HMDCC app sees it as the only bluetooth loco and allows me to control via the App but does not respond. No Sound, No movement.

Either something has gone seriously wrong with the decoder or I have done something that I can't figure how to undo.

Thinking about removing all and reloading app and starting again at the weekend when I have more time 

It got the better of me and I couldn't wait (Long Lunch) deleted the 47 completely and added it back again and now both are working fully.

No idea what happened but at least they both make sounds and move at the same time.

Now to get another Decoder for and 08 as it has to shunt the wagons / carriages

Thanks to you all for your help

Malcolm

Another satisfied customer using the standard fix that has been working across multiple threads.

And just on deleting and reloading the app - known to be unnecessary.  All it achieves is lots of work reloading locos. No big deal when you have only two locos, a pain for nothing if you have 20.