TT at Model World Birmingham Live

Tim Allen

I’ve started a new thread rather than keep posting in the Class 50. Had a good chat with Carl on the TT stand who confirmed that the Blue era 7 class 08 shunter will return in November. 

The new class 66 look great. 

IMG_2303.jpeg

IMG_2302.jpeg

IMG_2301.jpeg

IMG_2300.jpeg

IMG_2299.jpeg

IMG_2297.jpeg

IMG_2298.jpeg

IMG_2296.jpeg

IMG_2295.jpeg

IMG_2293.jpeg

IMG_2292.jpeg

IMG_2290.jpeg

IMG_2291.jpeg

IMG_2289.jpeg

IMG_2287.jpeg

IMG_2286.jpeg

IMG_2285.jpeg

IMG_2283.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

If you are still there Tim, can you ask if all the Staniers are going to suffer the scrapping issue or just the parcels vehicles?

Are they still scheduled for May release?

That LMS Duchess looks nice.

Edited by Silver Fox 17

23 minutes ago, Silver Fox 17 said:

If you are still there Tim, can you ask if all the Staniers are going to suffer the scrapping issue or just the parcels vehicles?

Are they still scheduled for May release?

That LMS Duchess looks nice.

I’ve left and on my way home, sorry. From talking to them yes it’s still a may release. The locos are on the water now. I would have loved to see the duchess running. I did see the class 66 running tho. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Silver Fox 17 said:

Okay, thanks Tim.

To get a better look at the Duchess I have lightened your photo, hope you dont mind.

IMG_20240427_142137.jpg

Not at all. I’ve not had a proper look at them yet. Literally posted raw. 😊

2 hours ago, Tim Allen said:

It does look good close up. 

IMG_2283.jpeg

Someone of Facebook was saying the tender should have a ladder on the rear. Doesn’t bother me as I’m getting an era 4 model and I’m not a rivet counter but I know there is a lot of prototype knowledge here. 

quote “artist illustration left off the tender rear chassis steps, the streamlined Duchess locos had tenders like that, as they had a ladder fixed to the rear of the tender. Later when the streamlining was removed from the locos, the tender sides were cut back, but they retained the ladders and did not need the steps! Atholl had an ordinary tender and should have rear cjassis steps.”

3 hours ago, Loewietje said:

Thanks for the pictures. If there was any doubt (not from me) TT120 is here to stay. The upcoming models and recent YT-interviews prove that. 

Around ⅔ of the stand was devoted to TT:120

• Like 5

1 minute ago, BritInVanCA said:

Someone of Facebook was saying the tender should have a ladder on the rear. Doesn’t bother me as I’m getting an era 4 model and I’m not a rivet counter but I know there is a lot of prototype knowledge here. 

quote “artist illustration left off the tender rear chassis steps, the streamlined Duchess locos had tenders like that, as they had a ladder fixed to the rear of the tender. Later when the streamlining was removed from the locos, the tender sides were cut back, but they retained the ladders and did not need the steps! Atholl had an ordinary tender and should have rear cjassis steps.”

I have no idea on that, I just looked a really nice model. The release version could have it, I don't know.

Thanks for starting this thread, @Tim Allen! I think this show demonstrates why Hornby didn't need to announce a bunch of new locomotives in April. This year is packed with new releases. The Class 50s, Duchesses, Class 66s, and now the J50 are going to keep people interested in TT during 2024. Highlighting the Class 37 signals Hornby is committed to the scale, while not giving away too many secrets. If 2025 runs at a similar tempo of releases, which seems likely, Hornby TT:120 will be on its way. 

We know of 3 new toolings due next year. The Class 37, the Mk 2e, and the KFA wagons. That's a solid start, and I think we'll see more announced in 2025. But for now, we can enjoy what will be arriving over the next 6 months. Hornby has no need/desire to distract people from what's coming on the boat as we speak. Leave tomorrow for tomorrow. Today, we've got the Class 50s to look forward to! 

• Like 5