Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

That looks pretty decent. Thank you.

I've actually got something very similar, from .... just had a look and I've removed the outer packaging 'for convenience' - but they've stamped the front steps in brass precisely the same way, it has the lower cutout I require for the Brit, and the steps have the 'criss-cross' effect stamped into them ...

I rely too much on Google and seem to have stopped keeping records - modern technology for you!!

Al.

.... and that is how the stamped brass ones I've fitted are ... by coincidence I have to admit.

I had no chance of getting the original detail pack, so I had actually purchased a used Bachmann tender hoping to use the steps off that ... then I remembered I had the brass ones - and they look quite decent.

The Araldite's 'curing' so I'll see tomorrow, but it looks closed enough.

Thanks to all for your assistance - I remember when I started model railways when I was 10 or 11, the Britannia was seen as the pinnacle of Tri-ang locomotives, for me ... never got it either!!

Working on that Westinghouse pump for now! I reckon for actual scale it appears about 1:65 for a 1:76 if you get what I mean - seems just a little bit on the large side, but DOES fit where it should do and I've glued in thicker piano wire and will probably drill the front of the body beneath the boiler for it to slot into ... 

I'm liking the 'extra detail' side and specifics - for some locos anyway. I've not got the time to be remotely as detailed as Caiptean or some of you others, but I'm trying ..

Al

Hi M-R

I have the very same Car and it's dummy version with the American couplings, in fact I have one of each of all the Budd powered Railcars and their dummy versions apart from the rare New South Wales version. Some are not boxed which is a pity. I am toying with the idea of fitting kadee couplings instead of the NMRE couplings any thoughts?

I do need to replace the two orange end panels on my Canadian National version wouldn't know where I could find a pair would you?

Good afternoon everyone,I've just purchased a job lot of boxed tri ang and amongst it was a boxed R52 jinty,made in Richmond,with British Railways in writing on the tank sides,all steps are present,none broken of,all lettering present.(This,I believe,was one of only a few hundred ever made with British Railways written on the tank sides,they were,apparently,using up surplus transfers which had been used on the N2 tank loco.)When these transfers were used up,they then went on to using the Lion and wheel transfers.I believe it was made in 1952,perhaps Margate Richmond can throw some light on this particular loco,it's rarity,value etc.This is now my prize possession amongst my tri ang collection.

I'm afraid it's that 'B' word, but a couple of little gems arrived today.

8750 version of 57XX pannier and 4566.

If they're half as good as they look, they'll be brilliant - lovely detailing.

/media/tinymce_upload/cfd96090a03ae25b53b517d95e8df86e.jpg

/media/tinymce_upload/58cc6b1ebc20fa6ac86ab69dee69a6ad.jpg

Al.

FINISHED NOW!!!

Honest ??

Found a real Unicorn - 60532 - A2 Blue Peter.

Thing is, cab lines up perfectly with the tender, yet the owner says it had never been out of the box since purchase new!!

Perhaps the cab alignment problems related to the early production?

YES, this did come in the fancy box, and NO, none of the extra detail parts are either missing or opened - ALL is 100% present.

I haven't checked for the 'limited edition' certificate - but a limited run of 3,000 doesn't sound that limited to me, and mine will be used, if only occasionally - no more sitting in a box on a shelf for this one!!

/media/tinymce_upload/65bb7bc3f9a17b2e18ab31798b004323.jpg

/media/tinymce_upload/1a91b62df5a9a422a87ae69cccf64a0e.jpg

Al.

Found a few things from all different periods!

-A Highland Rover set, with Blue Thistle locomotive.  Nothing spectacular, but was complete with nothing missing (signs, detail parts, lineside buildings all still unused and in the compartments in the box).  Always liked these starter sets!

-A Hornby Treasure Chest with the Intercity 125, which apparently was bought for the owner one Christmas, run once or twice, then put away.  It's complete, with everything back in their boxes (station, card tunnel not made, all paperwork)  A true time capsule!

-Novo Big Big Passenger Train set, which is the Big Big Train set I've been looking for!  That will join my Big Big Train collection, which includes the Lumber Camp set, and two other Novo sets!

Curiosity and cats ... decided to try - and succeed - to close-couple the A2 to exaggerate any misalignment effects.

Within the tolerances of model production, I cannot see any!! Either the previous, previous owner did correct it, or Bachmann did after the early complaints - it's issue was delayed nearly 2 years I think.

/media/tinymce_upload/13b5a4c6a9d9d2587864eafd052372ce.jpg

Al.

Couple more - either this has been worked on, and extremely well, or Bachmann sorted the problem.

This is absolutely fine - absolute gem of a locomotive - well pleased as we say!!

/media/tinymce_upload/b4bc6e85e708ca9c48cf2a83af2e8969.jpg

/media/tinymce_upload/f6b1a545c9c2080878b4652955689da6.jpg

Al.

Arrived today, bought in the Hatton's sale, a BR Standard Class 4MT, DCC ready. Very pleased, ran perfectly out of the box.......thought I would compare it with the Hornby Dublo version from 1954. Big difference in level of detail.........HB

/media/tinymce_upload/5989920e107771ad3be73a5bd60f8439.jpg

/media/tinymce_upload/f3bf122b0e943dc1bf14a297df8ff10a.jpg

Three SR R.10 open wagons, one of which is mint, great as I have empty boxes for them.  Also some spare parts, a couple of old curved points, some yellow 4mm dots for marking bags of parts I have put on my system, a Tri-ang water tower which arrived broken, R.209 Princess Royal Open wagon, Murgatroyd tanker, box for a BR black Tri-ang M7, R.258AS Princess LIz in LMS livery, and a 8 pin harness decoder from a well known model shop as I had run out of Hornby ones.

/media/tinymce_upload/40010a0593f4b425f071db4a9538841b.jpg I don't model or collect from a particular era and just buy any locomotives I like at the time. I had a look at the Hattons sale and was really impressed with this one so I got someone to treat me. That's 1 strike gone for Christmas!