Let's see your layouts

Dave_wright_1986

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/media/tinymce_upload/f84bf92658d7c738b0714b66daa29371.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/0d6497880080856895d21ea1f4de8b11.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/4993abf2a058ecbf8c0cf5e442472f4c.jpgHi this is my layout I've started for my 3 year old son and me lol. It's 6x3 with an upper layer lots to do but only been working on it 2 weeks.

Two weeks is nothing! Bear in mind a layout never gets finished, because you always find thngs to improve or update!

It looks good, so far.

I hope you are not planning a gradient to link the upper and lower circuits, because you simply do not have the room.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have previously posted a couple of still pic's of my railway on here, but now I've made three short video's.

The lighting isn't too good, as the dull outside light was still shutting the iris down on my Mobius camera, so the images are a bit dark.

I'll have another go, some day, when the room lighting is better.

There's a fuller explanation in the words under the vid's.

• 4 months later...

/media/tinymce_upload/bc87f5a040afeaef44e100dea5e90133.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/37e654c5cb44e0d4085c2f77ce91599f.JPG/media/tinymce_upload/a36c18a4d058a33f906d99fc6aa0e11f.jpg

Hi guys

Well can't do much modeling at the moment

wish the health system would get iit's act together and get the last eye surgery done.

any way

Here we have acouple more pictures of my tiny empire

Badgers Drift (you have no idea how hard I tried to avoid that name) station throat with signal box and per-way hut

Middle

The MSLR loco depot with attempted wet ground under water tank

Bottom

Badgers Drift station

regards John

I agree Steve, there are plenty of forums, i can't see the point in starting another, i'm a member of 2, this one and model railway forum, i use this one for anything Hornby related, and the other for everything else aswell as for Hornby stuff, and a google search usually provides answers to everything if you look, anyway good luck with it Rob, but a bit of advice you might want some more moderators, as you will find that it it very time consuming running a forum, and you won't always be around to moderate properly and effectively,

/media/tinymce_upload/de008160ef03e97b07347e2fda3f7d0e.jpg 

This is the best shot I have to demonstrate how small the layout is,

the road at the bottom of the hill is more or less the centre of the board.

It may be small but its entertained me no end for years and will for a few more.

Big isn't nesasarily best ;-)

regards John

Ffrwd Locks.

GWR and BR (WR) in North Wales, near Wrexham.../media/tinymce_upload/a2ab2c3aef25e5531f5cb2cc493ea2d6.JPG/media/tinymce_upload/7eafcb89586ec765c810a82573b39fd6.JPG/media/tinymce_upload/7e046fb51baabfca35673fdf795db178.JPG/media/tinymce_upload/1ec4dfff3cd5b1e4e1b1e19cadcffb51.JPG

/media/tinymce_upload/365392cceb62b728f825fbc5f6be5c3a.jpg

Phul007,

A very impressive bit of wiring, really neat and I particularly like the labels! It's hard to see the perspective [scale] but some of those individual wires in the blue sheaths look very fine. Do you mind saying the dimensions of the black background board? I've loosely followed your project development [have you also mentioned this in/on the LD section?] but I'll have to track through again to get a better understanding of your system as a viable alternative to the promised ['soon' to be] Hornby LD. Thanks for posting

Sarah, your display is so lifelike, I am in awe of your skills, lovely job.  One day I'll dust off the boxes of stock, and try a layout myself

Thanks.

The model shewn is not very big...

There is a lot more detail, including construction, availble elsewhere.

A search on "Ffrwd Locks" will find an awful lot! ;)

All it takes is a start....the longest journey begins with but one step! ;)

Regards

Sarah