Airfix - What's your Latest Acquisition?

Ayup All...

After an eye-wateringly long time, I finally got my hands on the Airfix/Dapol Village church. It’s one of those all-time classics that goes for me, with the original Tiger Tank and Mk XI Spitfire, JE-J. It’ll make a nice addition to my railway collectibles, and will prove nice and portable to go with my Evening Star and other Locos. Love it’s. Flint exterior and layout.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ayup All...

After an eye-wateringly long time, I finally got my hands on the Airfix/Dapol Village church. It’s one of those all-time classics that goes for me, with the original Tiger Tank and Mk XI Spitfire, JE-J. It’ll make a nice addition to my railway collectibles, and will prove nice and portable to go with my Evening Star and other Locos. Love it’s. Flint exterior and layout.

The French are recruiting

HäT French Line Chasseurs 8029

HäT French Line Fusiliers 8041

HäT French Ammunition Caisson 8101

HäT Napoleonic French In Greatcoats 8234 x 2

Italeri French Dragoons 6015

Italeri French Infantry 6066

an early birthday present from/to me

• 2 weeks later...

Recently bought two unopened second hand Airfix kits:

HMS KGV 1:600

HMS Daring (WW2) 1:600

Both look to be really good quality molding with fine crisp detail. KGV has a very good reputation among model builders and looks very accurate. Daring looks to be a good hull, but with minor imperfections in the design of weapon mounts, and in any case I'm planning to build it as an Australian Daring, so new gun and A/S mounts will be scratch built.

Trying to get in touch with an Auckland shop that apparently has a big range of Airfix 1:600 models no longer in production.

I've just picked up three quality kits to help pass the time, the first Kit I got is a 1/72 Scale Royal Navy MTB, series 5 model Kit No. 05280, it's the four torpedo tube kit, I'm looking forward to getting it started, however, I also picked up the 1/48 Scale Model Airfix Sea Vixen, I'd built the Trumpeter version, and although it's a good build, I felt it was a basic kit, and from lookig at the different Instruction sheets, I think the Airfix model is a slightly more technical kit, and to polish off my purchases, I picked up the Revell 1/72 Scale Model HMCS Snowberry, I'm a huge fan of the Jack Hawkins Donald Sinden Movie, The Cruel Sea, and so, I'm converting the HMCS Snowberry to the fictional HMS Compass Rose, now, my problem is, which one do I start first

I have two major acquisitions to report, the first being Airfix' 1/24 scale Hawker Typhoon (car door), which I have hankered after since it came out. Finally got it - I need to clear a large space in my schedule, and another one on my workbench!

Secondly, since I was a young lad, I've liked railway guns, and there is a local connection, too. British railway guns in World War One were commonly called "Elswick guns" (pronounced "ellzick"), after the location of Armstrong's armaments factory, where most of them were built, and near where I live - my Grandfather actually worked there during World War Two. I haven't been able to find any kits of British railway guns, but there are a few German ones to be had, and I've just got my hands on one. It's the Hobby Boss 1/72 Railway Gun "Leopold", (a WWII weapon), and it looks like an interesting project, with a lot of small, delicate parts. Should keep me busy for a while, when I get round to building it!

Hi KiwiKev.

If you check back in the ships forum you'll find my posting on the Airfix KG V you'll find it three pages back. Unfortunately the picture are not shown as yet, But you might find the text interesting and hopefully informative. I reckon its one of Airfix's best ship models probably the most time consuming bit is painting the hull camouflaged.

Hopefully we'll see some photos in the near future.

Remember we do this for fun John the Pom.