Airfix - What's your Latest Acquisition?

Hello. May I ask what the Hobby Buffalo is like from a quality point of view?

It's the Hasegawa tooled kit. Do a search for reviews, when I get a mo I'll get some images of the kit I have in the stash and will link through as it will probably get removed if I post the images here.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My latest acquisitions are the Airfix 1/48 Javelin and a Trumpeter 1/48 Supermarine Attacker, together with a couple of oo gauge vintage coach kits

the plastic kits have been placed in the ever growing pending pile, (aka stash)

and I've started the coach kits 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've been bidding on a well know auction site and scored a Matchbox Wellesley, which is now almost finished, Oh the nostalgia! Also got a 1/72 Hasegawa A-1H Skyraider for a good price, which as a bonus contained a full Aeroclub conversion kit for a Skyraider AEW 1.

I was sent a voucher for Amazon for filling in an online survey, and used it to get a Revell 1/72 Tornado GR1, which will be used with some old Gulf War Modeldecals I've been saving.

• 2 weeks later...

Last night and this morning I had two texts and two e-mails from Royal Mail stating that my package from Jadlam Racing Models would be delivered between 0842 and 1242. Well that didn't arrive, but from Hornby I've got my first Beach Buggy

4twLA9g.jpg

Heather, I think a BOAC WW2 scheme would look good (1940 RAF night bomber colours plus extra red, white and blue stripes underscoring the codes).

That is correct. The six HP42/45 planes that had made it to 1940, however, were impressed into RAF service with No 271 Squadron based at Doncaster.

As far as I can tell, yellow undersides, DE/DG standard camouflage, regulation roundel markings with additional large red-white-blue flashes at the ends of the upper wings. I’ve not tracked down a full set of serials yet, with only two confirmed and no clue whether those not assigned a serial retained their civilian registrations. A lack of photos from the period is not helping!

• 2 weeks later...

Harriers, of all marks from a variety of manufacturers including:

-new mould Airfix GR.1, GR.3, AV-8A, GR7 and GR9A

-old mould Airfix GR5, GR7, GR9, Harrier II and T.10/AV-8B in various boxings

-initial moulds of the Airfix GR.1 and GR.3

-the 1990ish ESCI AV-8A/Matador, GR-5 and FRS-1

-Revell (Italeri) GR.5 and Revell (Hasegawa) GR.7/GR.9

-some Polish kit which bears a passing resemblance to a GR.1

-Lindberg GR.1

-Hasegawa GR1/AV-8A, GR.3

Four are currently 'on the go' being the initial Airfix GR.1 and GR.3, the ESCI GR.3, and the Airfix FRS-1. The 'initial' airfix kits make quite 'rotund' aircraft lacking finer details such as spine mounted aerials and tailplane root detail, but are pleasingly simple to assemble. The ESCI kit has an unrepresentative ejection seat, curiously (to me) shaped nosewheel doors and underwing 'bumps' offset by nice engraved detail in that 'soapy' plastic they used, and finally the 'new' Airfix Sea Harrier FRS-1 which is overall very nice given some may baulk at the generously engraved surface detail!