Olivia's Trains

10 Class

Hello everyone.

A little off topic, however, does anyone know if Olivia's Trains of Sheffield are still trading, please?

I paid for an item over a month ago, through WorldPay and haven't heard a word since.

The funds are gone etc, however, despite sending email's directly to Olivia's and waiting up half the night to ring the 3 x telephone numbers i have from their Website i have no response from anyone.

The funds have not been returned either.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Well their website is still functioning, but that doesn't mean a lot. It might be worth a phone call to Rails, they are in the same City/Town so they will know the rumors. Olivias always creates a lot of emotion, although I have to admit all my dealings with them have been perfect.

I ordered a loco from them in February and they were still operating then. Mind you their turn around was awful. I waited over a week for them to dispatch my order. Not as bad as your experience though.

No clue, sorry. It does seem a little odd that their adverts in RM and Hornby Mag still have awfully outdated data in them, and they appear to have really old Hornby items (Class 50s from early 2000s) in. No clue, check Companies house or as mentioned above ask Rails or other modellers in that region.

Best wishes

As far as I knew they were although living in the area I've always gone to ROS ... Olivia's has always said their dispatch times are around the one week mark as long as I can remember.

Pop up in your car to see if they are still there for the man,,

As far as I knew they were although living in the area I've always gone to ROS ... Olivia's has always said their dispatch times are around the one week mark as long as I can remember.
Pop up in your car to see if they are still there for the man,,

Thank you, however, as i am in Australia, popping up in my car may be difficult.

Thank you for the suggestion & i would have done that if i lived in the UK.

Cheers

Hello everyone.

Thank you for all the comments & advice on Olivia's trains.

I finally got a response this morning & it is all good now.

Apparently, WorldPay hadn't told Olivia's that i'd paid? (How bizarre)

When they checked their account, my funds were there OK.

My loco is now on it's way to Australia.

Olivia's have now reviewed & amended their processes.

Thank you for all your suggestions.

As I said in my earlier post Olivias generally generates lots of emotion. On the RMWeb website post any post about Olivias and you immediately get a warning from the Administrator, but there again the guy doesn't read the post, just jumps in with two feet. Probably "too busy" to his do job properly. I must admit I bought a couple of items off them and they were ok, bit expensive which is probably why they still had them left, but still substantially cheaper than EBay. As for dispatch times they were quite good, definitely not the worst. I did put a post on either here or RMWeb (when I was a member) asking why they always had stocks of old models. The general consensus being that they charged RRP or more, hence why they had stocks left.

I think the general opinion is that the administrator of that site, has an issue with the power going to his head. He banned me for a weekend for daring to argue with him, after that I thought why bother, so I removed my membership. I think we were discussing either the high cost of locos or moving production from China. I thought it was just a discussion, but he thought otherwise.