What did you receive today?

South Coast Flyer

On 11/4/2023 at 12:28 AM, LTSR_NSE said:

…That probably ends my acquisition of Corgi 1:120 models. Starting to feel I’m pushing my luck, spotting rather poorly named eBay auctions where I end up the sole bidder…

That suspicion aged well…

With patience & use of increasingly vague/inaccurate search terms, I have slowly acquired a complete set of Corgi 1:120 Streaks (plus a few duplicates for repainting in the missing liveries.)

My whole haul came to much less than some of the prices sought (& achieved) for an individual loco.  With eBay, you really pay a premium for using accurate searches. 😳

I got 2 x DCC Concepts cobalt ss motors. It may be usefull for some to know that the small spring in any points these are fitted to are removed or else you will get so frustrated as I did for hours thinkimg they do not work.

Now fitted and work like a dream. 

Just now, StuLarge said:

Mallard... Chuffing very very nicely out of the box with double reward points. Son loving the "Fireman's Breakfast" sound 😆

Is it sound fitted? Only a few left it seems! It is a lovely model! 

• Like 1

I had a wonderful gift in the form of a prize from @Peachy  of a TMC weathered Cecilia Pullman Coach. How awesome is that as a named winner out of a hat! Uploaded content on YT about it! Thanks again Chris!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Andrew-372848 said:

My HST set with two coaches, two decoders and 4 Total tank wagons. Still in their boxes as DPD delivered late in the day. Holding my excitement until tomorrow!

How are you holding that excitement - sleepless night tonight! 😁

1 hour ago, TaffsTT said:

How are you holding that excitement - sleepless night tonight! 😁

They actually arrived yesterday, but I’ve only managed to unbox them today due to “domestic” issues, so my excitement is still in abeyance until tomorrow when the fun begins. 😀

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got my Mallard yesterday, and I am positively surprised. I don't have that much Hornby TT stuff, and most of it is from the first run last year, mainly the Scotsman starter pack. I feel Hornby has started to learn how to put these locos together much better. The engine runs much better straight out of the box than Blink Bonny did, all the details are in the right place, and the tender is considerably heavier, which was a problem for me with Blink Bonny. I use Kuehn track, and the tender tended to derail in the curved points, but Mallard doesn't have that problem at all. So I'm very please with my new loco (even if it means Blink Bonny mainly is demoted to goods service now).

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Skelton Junction said:

I received the St Andrews church preorder email is in stock 

Same email for me, all the other buildings are now showing as in stock, but I've only received notification for the church so far

Edited by Bobbing Bob

Last week I received Falcon and Night Hawk, along with some marron MK1's.   

Unique for me as I have never really been a fan of the LNER or BR Eastern Region, but those locos in TT:120 scale just looked soo appealing unlike the '00' versions.

• Like 1