Class 50 locomotives

Mulsanne88

With standard shipping, even if you get the despatch notification on a Friday, in my experience the shipment isn’t picked up until the start of the following week. Which will likely sadly be Tuesday due to the bank holiday. I had despatch notification on a Saturday for some of my Mk3s and that shipment arrived on a Tuesday or a Wednesday along with the remaining coach despatched on the Monday. Quite infuriating.

I assume that with standard shipping, Hornby don’t pay for Saturday deliveries and so DPD don’t collect on Fridays or over the weekend.

The odd Saturday delivery does occur I think but it’s unusual. 

23 minutes ago, Moccasin said:

With standard shipping, even if you get the despatch notification on a Friday, in my experience the shipment isn’t picked up until the start of the following week. Which will likely sadly be Tuesday due to the bank holiday. I had despatch notification on a Saturday for some of my Mk3s and that shipment arrived on a Tuesday or a Wednesday along with the remaining coach despatched on the Monday. Quite infuriating.

I assume that with standard shipping, Hornby don’t pay for Saturday deliveries and so DPD don’t collect on Fridays or over the weekend.

The odd Saturday delivery does occur I think but it’s unusual. 

I've never had Saturday delivery by DPD even to a pickup point

Probably be June when I get my 50040 as I have it on pre-order from MSL Lippe in Germany,  however I took advantage of the double reward points and ordered a rake of blue/grey MK2's for the hoover. 🙂 

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Rallymatt said:

selling out in 4 hours!

😲  That was fast. Blinked and missed it (DCC Sound Leviathan)

Those stock notifications really (didn't) work

Edited by RB51
Stock notifications comment

1 hour ago, StuLarge said:

😲

Those stock notifications really (didn't) work

I gave up on those a long time ago. Even though I pre ordered everything I wanted (and still do) I used to set stock notifications thinking I would be informed around the time they were in for despatch, sadly no. I would get informed 2 or 3 weeks later so really a waste of time as social media or the online catalogue tells you.

• Like 2

Ditto, but I've got two tracking numbers. They still can't work out how to combine pre-orders. It makes no difference to me as each one qualifies for free delivery, but how much is it costing Hornby? It'll be interesting to see if they arrive at the same time.

• Like 1

Same here, DPD due Tuesday.  Managed to get hold of Leviathan (sound fitted) and some Mk2F coaches.  When I saw how quickly things were selling, I went back and ordered an Elgar - only 1 tracking number as yet, so I guess I'll just wait and see what arrives!

Mines on its way to Nottingham depot for Tuesday delivery. Normally when I get that on a Friday with Monday delivery its arrives Saturday morning. Whether that happens with the Bank Holiday... we'll see.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Rob23 said:

Same here, DPD due Tuesday.  Managed to get hold of Leviathan (sound fitted) and some Mk2F coaches.  When I saw how quickly things were selling, I went back and ordered an Elgar - only 1 tracking number as yet, so I guess I'll just wait and see what arrives!

You should have received your CCL logistics despatch note by now. That should tell you what’s in the package

Edit - or maybe it’s in your invoice in your account. Pretty sure you can tell what’s arriving somehow!

Edited by Moccasin

DPD don’t usually deliver on a Saturday unless you have the upgraded  delivery service, however I got a nice surprise with my ESSO TTA wagons when they showed 2 days earlier than expected 😁

Sadly away for 4 days so have delayed delivery until Wednesday. DPD clearly thought a safe delivery point was in our wheelie bin once... Luckily they emailed a pic. Not having Ed sent off to the waste tip.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Bit of a glitch at DPD. Top of the app says they have parcel and will be delivered on Tuesday. Click on the details and they say they don’t have it. Kind of academic as I’ll be away this weekend if they do try to deliver tomorrow (unlikely) 

Edited by Moccasin
Spelling