Discount code for bank holiday

Hello, is anybody else having problems with the SAVE15 code on TT120 purchases? I've tried several times and I keep getting a already 'best discount applied' message... 

1 hour ago, Lyndon68 said:

Hello, is anybody else having problems with the SAVE15 code on TT120 purchases? I've tried several times and I keep getting a already 'best discount applied' message... 

That message suggests you have an active (paid for) Club membership - which already includes a discount/enhanced reward points.

Hornby discounts/offers generally can’t be stacked so the ‘Save15’ code can only be used against RRP prices.

If you don’t have another discount/membership applied - then possibly just a glitch (as per previous suggestions.)

Placed an order yesterday and it went through ok, typed in promo code in capitals.  Just and another go to test theory and it also works with lower case so promo code is not case sensitive. 

Posted (edited)

These offers often pop up at bank holidays, though not always. Usually double points etc rather than a discount though.

I imagine there won’t be another one at end of May but maybe August bank holiday? Will depend if any new stock has arrived in the prior couple of weeks 

Just idly wondered whether this is to stop everyone buying Star Wars Lego as it competes with their May the 4th offers! 

Edited by Moccasin
Changed wording for better clarity
  • Like 2

If by regular you are asking do Hornby hold multiple offers in a year - then answer is yes, in recent times.

If by regular you are asking do Hornby hold the same offer multiple times per year or same time each year - then answer is no.

They have offered double hobby points redeem value, double points earned value, 15% off (all only for items in stock) - they have also offered specific items at a significant reduction - ‘outlet’ sale.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I used the discount to pick up a couple of blue and grey MK3s in anticipation of my HST set arriving later in the year. It’s a decent saving and buying two qualified for free shipping.  So much for my plan to reduce my railway spending for the summer!  The Class 50 and MK2 preorders are just around the corner too!

Edited by John-L
  • Like 1

I wanted some fish plates but on their own that would have not been  cost effective due to the shipping charge and all the rolling stock and locomotives of interest I already possess so no help there! Instead I've ordered some additional pieces of set track to play around with. Just enough to get the free shipping!

Good news, went back on again yesterday, typed in same code and it worked a treat, ordered the GWR HST and 4 carriages.. as said earlier, it must have been a glitch...

• Like 2