Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

After having purchased the full rake of 9 Coronation Scot coaches, and working the Coronation 6220 a little too hard - now resolved - another joined the ranks.

Hornby R3715 6224 Princess Alexandra has now joined Coronation to assist.

This is a double chimney model, purchased 'on offer', which obviously helps, considerably.

I now have 3 new tooling and an older tooling, superb running streamliner, 'City of Birmingham'.

Together with 'City of Liverpool' and 'Duchess of Sutherland' in normal rebuilt format, despite being a Stanier fan I think I've enough Coronations .... !!

Al.

Got a bag of these today from China for peanuts (Hornby 6.3mm jack plugs).

They will be used to make four way power splitters using a socket from a dead eLink as the receiver for use powering multiple HM6K modules in lieu of the rare P9100 power units, although I have enough of those.

forum_image_60c0f226cf9da.png.579c9a63f2a2ee972d329b1855dbf33d.png

I ordered an SECR C class in BR Black with late crest from Hattons a couple of weeks ago, and it arrived today; and with the help of an associate on another forum, I'm gonna turn it into an LNER J21.

In the immediate future there's one of the old style Terriers, also in BR black, and also from Hattons, on my way, which is gonna be turned into an ex-GER 'Buckjumper' in LNER black.

Hi

Just brought myself a R589 Class 86 86 419 Post Haste in BR parcels red livery with working pantograph in ready-ness for my L shape shelf layout with 1960's working catenary and super 4 track I am currently planning.

However I can not make up my mind on out and back to a terminal station or out and back to a terminal station with a round and round element (dog bone)

David,

It can be any product you like from any brand, doesn't even need to be a railway related product, but it would be preferred that it had at least some tentative connection to the hobby. if you look back through the historical pages you will see things like tools as well as rolling stock and scenic accessories. But I would draw the line at things like TV's and 'Three Piece Suites' etc. Basically anything 'modelling related' that you have just purchased.

Caveat to this.

If posting about products from other brands for which there is a competing Hornby product, just be mindful of the 'no active promotion' rule.

Well, in that case, since the class in question has dropped out of the Hornby catalogue this year, I feel semi-safe in mentioning I bought a Thompson B1 off of Ebay; it's a Replica Railways model of the class leader Springbok in LNER apple green with her 1946 number #1000. It might need a bit of work to get it running, but I know some folks- I would kinda like to get another B1 though, also in LNER condition.

Another class 47, I do like the 47, both the original, and the various Hornby variants. I have just bought the Swallow Intercity, to add to the other non swallow one, and a couple of railroad freight liveries . Yes I do like the 47

Valve gear off a retailer on the internet for my Bachmann Ivatt 2-6-2 tank split chassis, but both sides were poorly made, were possibly seconds and basically fell apart in a key area. I can get a part I need out of the bits though, so objective achieved. The firm kindly sent me a list of the other spares they sell, but I dare not risk getting anything else now. A down side of mail order of course.

I have bought valve gear for a split chassis Jubilee and Royal Scot off Bachmann in the last 2 months. I was amazed that they still had parts, they even had a complete new set of wheels for a chassis I bought. They are usually a lot cheaper than that well known bidding site.

My latest acquisition was a Duchess that I won on EBay. It looked a real wreck in the photos. I bought it to fix and I got it really cheap at basically what you would pay for a very ropy tender driven one. To my surprise when it arrived, I look it apart to see what I needed to do and was amazed to find a LokSound sound decoder inside. After changing the speaker which didn't seem to work, I was amazed it actually worked. It buzzes a bit, but I will check again once I have tidied up the wiring. That is what I call a real result.

I said I was going to be good - just rest with the remaining pre-orders for the next 18 months ... ah well!

With all of the videos of Heritage mainline runs starting up again, I just had to 'win' a West Coast Railways Class 57 on Ebay. Limited edition apparently 57 601.

VERY STRANGE activities before my 'win' where I was outbid - fair enough - then the higher bid was withdrawn ... apparently incorrect amount entered.

I returned as the 'winning bidder', but a few hours before the end, I was outbid again ... and again the bid was withdrawn.

Somebody with a conscience (wife?) testing how much I'd set my limit?

I kept my value set at the original amount - not getting caught in a bidding war.

Won for a relatively reasonable price ... hopefully it'll be good - said to have never turned a wheel in anger, so may need to check the condition of the grease.

I bought Jeff Tracy 6 months ago, but there was a real problem with the gears - had to return, so not clear cut with an unused older locomotive. Should receive on Tuesday.

Al.

Looks nice - I like the Stars - precursors to greater things as they would say on Him up there's Wonderful Railway!

Just ordered a couple of brass replacement gears for the Coronations - should solve the centre wearing out issue once and for all .... he says!

Al.