Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

I received the Railway Children locomotive this morning. My niece worked on the film and so she took a photo of it to show other crew members. She was fortunate to get a ride on the train too.

I had made a quick film featuring all three of the Railway Children locomotives. (I thnk it takes a day or two for admins to approve video).

Mine'd be a Bachmann 25. Brand new, in BR blue, never been out of th ebox and manufactured sometime in the last two years. Cost me £65! Excellent runner, no TLC or anything needed. What a bargain! I also found a rake of Hornby super detailed LNER teak sleeping cars which were brand new as well. But at £38.95 each, I only went for a couple!

Best wishes

I managed to find this Tri-ang Hornby clockwork diesel shunter online at a reasonable price and it’s a colour I didn’t have. I think the green is the least common version, there seem to be a lot more bright blue and red/orange ones about. Even better it came with a key! All the steps are there and it works perfectly, however someone has added what appear to be Lima bufferheads which it shouldn’t have. I will see how easy they are to remove when I get time. Interestingly the wheelbase of the clockwork version is closer to scale than the electric version they produced even though the wheels on both are too big and neither has the jack shaft drive of the prototype.

I don’t think I have ever seen a green clockwork version with the BR totem on it, does anyone know if they were produced with them? The red/orange ones and some of the blue ones certainly were.

forum_image_62950ae1de73b.thumb.png.f0ba181dd4e5b8e7268a92f3d4413278.png

Recently bought, probably a preproduction or sample.

Several differences between this model and the final release, can any hawk-eyed members spot them. Not opened model but weight is right, althoutgh seller said there is no motor in loco, certainly not one in tender.

Model was released as R3080 NRM Ltd. Ed. in 2011.

If anyone is interested will start a new thread with detailed photos of this model and the normal released version.

forum_image_62988e3de6569.thumb.png.40326c33135722348e064b946c01e8ef.pngforum_image_62988e4557b1b.thumb.png.9938fa2a4b1638c2e37db7b73cff94f2.pngforum_image_62988e4cdc37d.thumb.png.cfcd43274086a9f0d84570a9a0a8476b.png

Thanks New Lad on Block, I didn’t think to look in Vol1 and just checked Vol2 where there is a picture of a tatty green clockwork diesel shunter without decal and the wrong chassis.

I have only ever had blue electric examples and in all cases the body has been damaged around the screw hole at the back of the cab.

All good fun!

I’ve had a nostalgic mood of late and have bought some models from my childhood (shouldn’t have got rid but you live and learn)

Also managed to buy a new never opened 6201 which completes all the LMS Princess Royal class models Hornby as relished of the new tooling to date ( 6201, 6203, 6205, and 6212) 6

forum_image_629c8bba66af7.thumb.png.339ffb797540e2a154be9f4adbbba5f9.png

forum_image_629a8899a8d4b.thumb.png.66211ed2d80c445ceff35db2d6e2b8e5.pngwaiting for 6202.

Ive added two new additions to my stock / layout, main thing being they’ve never been opened. This BR black A1 terrier I got for 95$ Australian dollars ( excuse the sticker on the box). It’s never been used until I got it, I’ll add the detailing kit to it to make it the A1X which is what the loco should be. The second item I had to have, due to my fascination of the Eddie Stobart brand. This 1:76 scale AEC ergomatic still had the plastic on the box, I got it for 25$ Australian dollars and intend to use it near my coal staithes. I’ve got the Hornby conflat wagon with the Eddie stobart container coming to, I got it for 30$ Australian. forum_image_62a5629e4074b.png.95749e30b18acb4ba33827ef7c308a5e.pngforum_image_62a5629f4cbb8.png.f1cd4af8de7604dc950a5d936bca8543.png

These are the impulse railway purchases from my recent trip to the UK. The very last Locomotion-packaged GWR Dean Goods from Oxford Rail, purchased at the Railway Museum in York. Didn't intend to buy a loco there, but was so inspired by seeing so many famous locos in person that were previously only known to me in photos and videos, I was persuaded to get the wallet out. Paid 99 GBP for this, marked down from 125. Not sure if this was a good deal but anyway, it's mine now.

A Dapol wagon in NYMR branding, bought on my visit to the North Yorkshire Moors Railway on 28th May. As with the SVR visit, this was somewhere I'd always wanted to see in person, having watched the television series many times over. Another great day out, even though I was booked on the lunch Pullman service and this was cancelled the day before due to a faulty extractor fan in the kitchen. Still, a nice reminder of my visit which I look forward to running on the layout.

An N-gauge Peco wagon commemorating the Jubilee, bought in Edinburgh at Harburn Hobbies if anyone knows the store or is a regular there. Was eating lunch on the Royal Mile and came across this on my phone, didn't read properly and thought it was OO gauge. Made the trek on foot down the hill to Harburns, thought I was lost but finally found the store. Anyway a lovely little store, friendly old gentleman behind the counter, and came away with the wagon.

Finally, a copy of the book produced for the centenary, purchased at Hamleys store in London. Wanted to see the store due to the fame and felt like the world's oldest kid while I was in there. Found the Hornby section tucked away in a corner, probably not up to much compared to what you're used to in the UK, but had more Hornby product than you would ever see in a NZ model store. They had a "Hush Hush" on display, so my first opportunity to see one of those in the flesh. Wasn't really looking to buy anything again but spied a couple of copies of the book on a stand, so decided I'd better have one for my collection.

HK.

forum_image_62aaad613b018.thumb.png.48386d4e38c91c49b4e735a083e218de.pngforum_image_62aaad6c22484.thumb.png.5a177a20875cabee14b418695b1bab5b.png

• 2 weeks later...

I run DC only, but I believe there are some issues installing a DCC chip into the 87.

Both 60 and 87 run superbly - I've 2x 87's - the newer tooling versions, 8-wheel-drive.

The super detail 60 is excellent, just the cantilever, or whatever you call it, coupling is a pain. Power, performance and actual detailing are all superb.

Al.