Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

A GWR WRENN W2220 2-6-4 TANK Locomotive for £64 on ebay. It looks in perfect condition with no dirt on the wheels and only a tiny bid of scuffing on the cardboard tube packing in the box. It seems to groan and move stifly on a 9V batery but probably just needs an oil. I cannot see how I can fit a chip to this one so will probably end up in the display case with the better of my two LMS 0-6-2s

I think I might have got a bargain here as most I've seen go for 100+. the price on the box is £12.86 so I'm guessing mid to late 1970s (I remember being around £6 short of being able to buy one at around that time) so a 35 year wait is not too bad!

Shame it's totally unauthentic!

Received the 'Toad' Guards Van on Friday direct from Hornby.  Got a cracking price, should have bought 10 not 1!  The postage cost more than the van.  Lovely looking model too.

Is that the new Avonmouth van? if yes I have just ordered one too (from Amazon). Please can you tell me if it has NEM pockets and narrow couplings or the wide Airfix (Hornby Railroad) type. Looking at the picture I'm guessing it's the old wider type (which is best for me) but I am aware that production version do differ from the catelogue images.

Many thanks

Steve

Hornby N2, purchased today./media/tinymce_upload/Hornby_N2_0-6-2T.jpg

That actual loco runs past my front door every couple of hours on running days in the summer (resident visitor on MNR) - nice loco and sounds super busy in the flesh (metal?). Can't think of a better reason to get one.

/media/tinymce_upload/P1000882.JPG/media/tinymce_upload/P1000881.JPG

Not exactly a latest aqusition because these kits have been sitting in my railway store room (attic) for a number of years. However I decided to make them this week, and these are the results. Two SR CCTs, SR Stove B (note orange door to indicate a stove was fitted),  A GW 'Mink' goods van, a GW 'Monster' Scenery van, and two Insulfish vans, plus I have finished off the DEMU engine carrier I scratch built a week or so back. 

Now  - what next??

Arrived today, now running-in on Rolling Road. An excellent model even in RailRoad spec./media/tinymce_upload/Tornado-R3060.jpg

A bargain at £42.50. Now need to source suitably sized sound decoder & speaker for loco fit.

I received an email Saturday advising courier delivery would be today but as no-one would be here I asked them to hold and arranged to pick up tomorrow [the earliest option they offered]. Called in on the off chance today and collected my Tornado. It's now sitting side by side to the Bachmann model  which cost me at least three times as much. The Bachmann is very detailed but for value for money, no question, the award goes to Hornby!

New and still in unopened mailing sleeves:

R 3074 The Royal Mail Great British Railways Collection GWR 4-6-0 King Class Loco 'King William IV' and

R3075 The Royal Mail Great British Railways Collection” SR 4-6-0 N15 Class Loco 'Sir Mador De La Port'

and 2nd hand:

3 x R.486 SR Composites '5117' in exc unboxed

3 x R.242 BR Trestrol Wagons with Two Girder Load 'B901600' in exc boxed

A Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland Railway box van in 009 narrow gauge, made by that Devon company in a very limited run. It comes with a nice moulded bit of plastic track, which with a bit of decorating, will drop nicely into the Llanfair.P.G. 00 three plank wagon as a load!