Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

A couple of my Brit class photos...  /media/tinymce_upload/7a7e09e667a1510f30cce38032d747d2.JPG/media/tinymce_upload/4c6300dff0c8c4d3550e460ea9ccf8a5.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/87c7e37dd68651c383ca43301f2c9070.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/bb34181279e629f2a1039b43ffaef283.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/920dee61a276ce23cacde5f71de0a3fd.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/d35e8c97549201fc9a30ab24a439f009.JPG

Spot the model!!

My latest acquisition, are threen of those freelance 4 wheeler coaches, that come in a range of liveries, [i was asking how dom you get the roof of, in the general section] on eBay to run with my seventies version  of Nellie. As like 7178 as my version is known, they are blue and make quite a good match. They even look good behind my Longmoor Military Railway Austerity tank

With being in hospital with a severe uti since last Thu morning 2am my lovely lady after hearing me read out that someone had ordered the Hornby/Arnold Pullman 5-car set said I could order one too.

To get the free shipping I had to order some spares as well which will always be handy.

Now if someone can recommend a decoder as Hornby doesn't provide 6-pin ...

I have been having a spree buying Hornby A3 locomotives. I now have four of the later type. (Brown Jack, and recently purchased, Minoru, Flying Scotsman weathered and Sandwich).

It is interesting to see the changes to the tender connection that has taken place.

There seems to be issues with the latest releases (Book Law and Minoru), in that the running plate is distorted resulting i the front buffers being higher than they should.

I hope things are sorted for future issues,

I'm having Coronach weathered by Grimy Times. Can't wait.

I have been having a spree buying Hornby A3 locomotives. I now have four of the later type. (Brown Jack, and recently purchased, Minoru, Flying Scotsman weathered and Sandwich).

It is interesting to see the changes to the tender connection that has taken place.

There seems to be issues with the latest releases (Book Law and Minoru), in that the running plate is distorted resulting in the front buffers being higher than they should.

I hope things are sorted for future issues,

I'm having Coronach weathered by Grimy Times. Can't wait.

Chris has enlightened us ages ago that if you post anything and leave that window open in your browser the post will remain editable in perpituity.

If you move away from that window then your edit ability will eventually time out.

Problem is I instinctively hit return and close the editable window so lose that retro edit facility.

Those of you with a keen eye may have noticed Chris often refers to stuff in posts after his and maybe wondered how could he do that. This is why - he has the older post held open for edit even though he posted it ages ago.

PANIC, PANIC!!  I rooted out quite a few more photos of Rising Star on the net, to find out that my donor loco may nat be suitable after all without modification, more than number and name change. It was unique by having the battery box under the drivers side of the cab and having the sand fillers surrounded by a small metal box style arragement. The donor loco has a battery but on the running plate and the sand fillers are standard. So gloom set in for about two hours until I found a photo of the loco ex Doncaster works. That will be when you saw it PP. The extra sand filler attachments had been removed and it looks like the battery was relocated as in later photos I cannot see the battery under the cab. There is a big BUT here, neither can I find a photo of the fireman's side after the Doncaster visit, to see if the battery was relocated to the running plate as per most Brits. Can anyone help here?

Hi Vespa

Rising Star seems to have been a very 'camera shy' loco. I've just been through 4 photoalbum type books and I found only 1 photo of it. Afraid that was the drivers side so I've admitted defeat. There are a few other books which I haven't looked at simply because they are so general that any Brits would be a minority type.

Sorry I can'thelp further.

Latest additions are Bachmann's SR PLV & some other wagons (have a couple more in the post too), I've decided recently to purchase a few from the other Big Four companies and other bits and pieces that might have made their way down south now that I seem to have collected nearly every SR wagon ever made... the layout is set during wartime so I guess almost anything could have ended up anywhere if it was needed? Plus it makes the goods trains a little more interestesting than comprising of nearly all various SR vent vans, aside from the military bits and pieces. /media/tinymce_upload/1c7fb04977748a4204794db81de4ac5d.jpg

/media/tinymce_upload/829cd99faeececf1662e489a8b8436fc.jpg

/media/tinymce_upload/d2aec2fe2d1fcc83d57c341749251fd6.jpgThe Oxford Army Wolseley is also new :)