Airfix - What's your Latest Acquisition?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi everyone. 

Very new to the forum but have been around Airfix etc for many years. WW 2 Axis aircraft from pretty much any manufacturer are my main interest, the latest being a Super Model Cantz Bideriva.

Have got something like 90 assorted kits in my 'stash'. Probably about time i completed one. The Spitfire and 109 are early practice pieces. Not pretty or finished but thought I'd start with a couple of standards.

Kettles boiled so im off.

That's alright, Blokeinashed.

Some friendly word of advice: When qouting a post, please post in the white area, below the pink qoute box. Posting in the pink qoute makes it confusing to read for others. The text in the pink qoute box displays the post you are replying to. Your response goes beneath the pink quote box, in the white area. I hope this helps.  😀

GNR-Gordon-4

Somehow, I've acquired:

• Squadron code letter and serial number decal sheets (so I can complete a 25 Squadron Bristol Beaufighter MkI)
  • 1/72 Italeri S.79 Sparviero (the start of my Battle of Britain Regia Aeronautica collection)
  • 1/72 Valom Bristol Bombay (say what!? Well, the type was in RAF service in 1940, so it fits my collection criteria)

That's alright, Blokeinashed.

Some friendly word of advice: When qouting a post, please post in the white area, below the pink qoute box. Posting in the pink qoute makes it confusing to read for others. The text in the pink qoute box displays the post you are replying to. Your response goes beneath the pink quote box, in the white area. I hope this helps.  😀

GNR-Gordon-4

Must be an age thing Gordon !!

Hopefully i now have the ' knack ' ?

Not much in the way of models bought this month as I have decided to move out of the dark ages and leave my Humbrol Enamels and brushes to 1 side except for detail work. 

Yes it's time to try airbrushing hence the following buys:-

Compressor and Airbrush

4 sets of Vallejo Model Air paints

Vallejo Primer, Thinner, Vanishes and Airbrush Cleaner

Masking Tapes of Various sizes.

Was an expensive month!

And I have delved deep into my stash and found an old Airfix Fairey Battle to practice on before starting a proper new tool kit!!

Oh and it's not a purchase but my 1:72nd scale Airfix AW Whitley arrived a couple of days ago courtesy of the Airfix Flying Hours Tokens  😀

It will be done soon after I've practised using my airbrush on some 'lesser' models from my stash!

Hi T2b.

You're going to have fuuuuuuuun. Good luck. Glad to see you're now using some proper paints. Keep your brushes handy as an airbrush is not really suitable for all painting, I'm thinking of the wood-grain finish on many WW1 aircraft and the blotchy silver/green finish on Japanese WW2 aircraft, not to mention some of those Italian finishes.

Oh to be a fly on the wall. Looking forwards to seeig the results.

Remember we do this for fun                  John the Pom

@ JS 

Thanks John. Yes having started on my Battle I am enjoying it and can see how the airbrush will hopefully take my results, with some practice, to the next level. 

But I will be keeping my brushes and even my huge stock of Humbrol Enamels for my detailed work like painting pilots etc for a while yet.

This masking is an art in itself that I haven't done before, such as canopies and disruptive pattern camouflage. 

But again thanks for your support and I will post my Battle in a few days once I get it finished

Nigel

I went to the IPMS Show in Omaha.  

My airfix purchases 

1/72 scale B 17

1/72 scale Jet provost 

1/48 scale P 40 B  

1/48 scale defiant 

Used airfix purchases

1/72 scale BAC Strikemaster 

1/72 scale harrier Gr3

1/72 scale North american Sabre F86D

lots of old matchbox and frog kits