Airfix - What's your Latest Acquisition?

Over at the Hornby Forum, we have thread called 'What's Your Latest Acquisition?'. I thought it would be a good idea to post one over here, on the Airfix Forum, we plastic kit fans can share about our latest Airfix platic kit purchase or buy a another manufactuer, producing similar products.

My latest acquisition's are:

27/05/2017 - Airfix QUICK BUILD J6017 Volkswagen Camper Van

01/06/2017 - Airfix QUICK BUILD J6007 Lamborghini Aventador LP

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree, Airfix produce some more car kits. Most of them are based on aircraft, which does not take my interest. Some car kits would take my interest and would make me buy them, rather than the QUICK BUILD range, which is more or less LEGO.

I do believe though that non-Airfix plasti kit's are alright to post here, so please feel free to list down what you have purchased. We do this over at the Hornby Forum.

Don't know if it counts as a new acquisition but I just liberated a kit that's been hibernating in my ex wife's loft for some years. Flightpath Fairy firefly 1/48 in vac form, etch brass, resin and white metal. Next build i think. 😆

Not so much as a recent aquisition but time at last to sit down and build;

Lunar Module - built Pic attached

Saturn V to build

Recent aquisition  

Bristol Beaufighter / FW 190 set to build./media/tinymce_upload/81ffa72c0b12ffae59cb6133a5b8ccc6.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/08c8e3ca601bb11d9ca636b04029bb62.jpg

That must have costed you some money, Pretty mediocre modeller! Looks like you model in 1:72nd Scale.

Yes, 1/72 is the true 'Gentlemans'' scale!

It didn't cost me to much as they were all either gifts (victor for Xmas), bought with Xmas/Birthday money (UH-60 and A-7), or partly paid for with the gift voucher I received when renewing my club membership (Ju-87, Martlet and JP).

I can't recall all my recent acquisitions but here are a couple of the main 1s

A12008 Handley Page Victor - pre-order Nov 2016 from Airfix.                                                                             A08001 Avro Lancaster B.II                                                                                                                                           A------      English Electric Canberra B(1)8

The Canberra and Lancaster are no longer in Airfix's production cycle so can command some inflated prices on Evil Bay, but after some patience managed to obtain both via auction late last month (May 17) at what I considered very reasonable prices and within my set budget   😀!

Yes, 1/72 is the true 'Gentlemans'' scale!

It didn't cost me to much as they were all either gifts (victor for Xmas), bought with Xmas/Birthday money (UH-60 and A-7), or partly paid for with the gift voucher I received when renewing my club membership (Ju-87, Martlet and JP).

How is 1:72nd Scale, a "Gentleman's" scale?

Gentlemen model in 1/72 😘

My acquistions this year are:

HaT 9307 1/32 Napoleonic Wurtttemberg Infantry (Command)

Revell 02621 1/48 Pilots & Ground Crew Luftwaffe WWII

HäT 8036 British Light Infantry

Airfix 2017 catalogue

HäT 8042 French Light Infantry

HäT 8036 British Light Infantry

HäT 8032 Dutch/Belgian DragoonsHäT 8033 British DragoonsHäT 8034 French FusiliersHäT 8041 French Young Guard

Revell Contacta Professional glue

HäT 8025 Waterloo Dutch Infantry

HäT 8033 Napoleonic British Dragoons

Dapol/Kitmaster C043 20t Twin Silo Cement Wagon Prestwin.

Italeri 6039 Dutch-Polish Lancers

Italeri 6095 British Infantry 1815 x 2Legend 1/35 Hot BodyHäT 8096 Waterloo Netherlands Militia & Belgian InfantryHäT 8097 Waterloo Lützow Freikorps & Nassau GrenadiersAirfix S39 Washington's ArmyFreightdog FDR72001 Avro Vulcan B.2 series 201 tail pipesFlightpath 72056 Avro Vulcan B.1/B.1A Detail and Conversion SetDapol C59 Mogul locomotive2 x HäT 8097 Waterloo Lützow Freikorps & Nassau Grenadiers2 x Italeri 6094 Napoleonic Wars British Light Cavalry 1815HäT 8167 French Middle Guard Fusilier GrenadiersHäT 8255 Prussian Infantry CommandItaleri 6039 Polish/Dutch Lancers

Javis Scatter JS16 Grey TarmacJavis Scatter JS31 Dark EarthJavis Scatter JS32 Dark BrownDeluxe Roket Cyano glue gelGrip thick cyanoacrylate

01708 Airfix Indians

I also bought Alclad2 and Vallejo paints, Tamiya masking tape ans Swann Moreton scalpel blades

Latest one in the stash is the 1/48 scale JU 87 B1 Stuka. When I get around to building this one, I reckon I'll do the Condor Legion, Spanish civil war option. Looking forward to it, the reviews say it's a good kit.    Cheers, Stuart. 

Not so much as a recent aquisition but time at last to sit down and build;

Lunar Module - built Pic attached

Saturn V to build

Recent aquisition  

Bristol Beaufighter / FW 190 set to build./media/tinymce_upload/81ffa72c0b12ffae59cb6133a5b8ccc6.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/08c8e3ca601bb11d9ca636b04029bb62.jpg

I ws eleven when that historic small atep was taken, the world was a wonderful place for a little boy. Project Apollo probably did more to spread respect and admiration for the United States around the world than anything since Bastogne. I would love to lay my hands on some of those kits.

Bought a few over tje past 3 weeks, in order of when they arrived ....not updated my stash list yet either!... been busy lol

Airfix vulcan in 1:72

Eduard Crusader (ex hasegawa) 1:48 x2

Eduard Royal Class Bf109G 1:48

Italeri ... pacific aces P51 (hasegawa) 1:48

Special Hobby Ju88 C-4 (icm plastic plus convertion parts) 1:48

Special Hobby Ju88 D-2/4 (icm plastic + additional parts) 1:48

Tamiya F4D1 Skyray 1:48

Italeri ...Italian Aces bf109 G6

(hobbycraft) 1:48

Eduard FW190 dual combo 1:48

Airfix Westland Lynx HMA 8. 1:48

Revell Spitfire Mk.IX C/X (ex hasegawa) 1:48

Revell Ju87 B2 (ex hasegawa) 1:48

Trying to be good ....for a little while

My latest acquisitions are all 1/72nd and feeding my Battle of Britain obsession:

• Airfix Junkers Ju87B-1
  • Airfix Messerschmitt Bf110C
  • Trumpeter Vickers Wellington Mk1C
  • RS Models Miles Magister
  • Eastern Express Miles Master MkIII (which looks like a very worn Frog mould)

I've got a ton more in my wishlist, so I had better get on and finish a few railway commissions so I can afford them!

My latest acquisitions are all 1/72nd and feeding my Battle of Britain obsession:

• Eastern Express Miles Master MkIII (which looks like a very worn Frog mould)

This site have a list of Frog models and information about most, but not about the Miles Master III:

http://frog.cocardes.com

Many Frog moulds are now Novo or Eastern Express, but some went to other brands, including Revell.

The story of the whys and wherefores of Frog tooling is very complex. You can check the provenance of hundreds if not thousands of kits on the Scalemates database, although I didn't use it myself because Eastern Express have dabbled in much of the Frog catalogue over the years and the chances of them making their own or using other tooling are next to zip. The pictures of the kit parts on this site leave no doubt, it's the Frog kit with added flash. The original was a pretty decent fit, lord knows what it must be like now. https://hobbyterra.com/product/miles-master-3-training-aircraft-in-1-72-scale-eastern-express-72287.html