new club

Old Bob

Maybe not....

But it coukd be a good incentive!

Personally, I have joined the new version of the club mainly for the magazine.....the "free" loco is definately not a major attraction, how many GWR 101s can you have? (There was only really the one!)

Wagons are a bit more attractive actually! 😉

Talking about magazines....how long should it take from paying the fee to the delivery of the first mag????

It seems to be taking a long time......

yes i joined the new club and yes the discounts were one reason i joined the first time its been a big help and i feel it helps the hornby visitor center keep going withmore people going and buying there i now look more on line to purchase at the best price i can find such a shame and a bit short sighted of hornby but the other things are great although im still waiting for the rest of the new items of the new club as  i only have my members club card

• 1 month later...

Very disapointed to find that the 20% discount at the visitor center has now gone to be replaced by a GWR loco that I don't need or want. I run LMS loco's and particularly the Coronation class and with new ones coming out this year the discount is very attractive and the number one reason for me to join the club. Please go back to the discount instead of the 'free gift' - or at least make it a choice for members when renewing - loco or discount...... 

• 2 weeks later...

It is a shame that Collectors Club members cannot get discount at Hornby's website and at the Margate store. One pay's 30 odd pounds to be a member of the club and I feel that some form of discount is required to make the membership wirht it. A member should pay little bit less for Hornby products, sold by Hornby Hobbies themselves. The members pay to be a member, so they should get a form discount to as a sort of "thank you", for being a member. Even if the discount is as little as 5%, it is better than nothing and of course will encourage more people to sign up to the Collectors Club, who are not already members.

GNR-Gordon-4

• 1 month later...

/media/tinymce_upload/1da92498234c338e27b7c95cfc07bb35.png

Was wondering when the Summer 2018 mag was going to be sent out.  A few weeks ago I contacted Hornby's club service and heard nothing at all from them, which is pretty poor customer service.

Logged in only to find a less than helpful message: "You are currently not part of any clubs".

So for giving Hornby my £28 all I have is a plastic membership card and one magazine.

Was looking forward to the little engine so more than a little disapointed.

... for giving Hornby my £28 all I have is a plastic membership card and one magazine ...

Something is not right there. 

I joined this year and I now have a membership card, 2 magazines and a 2018 Collectors badge.  Also, (which is a bit annoying for me logging in as often as we do), I receive a pop up message reminding me I am a member)

I suggest contacting Hornby Customer Services with details of your membership number.

I've just renewed and wanted to make a few points. I am still getting the 10% club members discount despite it not being advertised as part of the package. If you really don't want the loco, you don't have to join. The real benefit of the free loco (as in previous years), is helping to build the collection for people who are newer to model railways, and especially  younger people who may have got their first train set. The magazine has got much better and is now a good and varied read.

Key for me, is Hornby getting back to profitability and introducing new tooling and models, and the collectors club is obviously a part of their marketing strategy. For four magazines and a loco, £28 plus delivery (£4.95), is good value.

If you sign-in on this site and go to the shop - any item you clicked onto used to show the discounted price - as a Club member. It doesn't happen now.

I have the Club Ltd Edition Wainwright loco on order, and there is no charge for delivery - this is not the "free" loco - if only!

Just checked - it's free p&p on all orders over £30.00

Just checked and I am still being offered the 10% discount but my old membership expires tomorrow so it may disappear after then. Most definately got charged for delivery of the model which is now officially delayed until January 2019 although they said they are trying to bring this forward.

Archived