2022 New Releases

So only 4 new tools this year, and all aircraft, which will upset the ship and car modellers unfortunately. However, a new tool Spitfire in 1/24, a 1/48 Buccaneer (which I think has been on several wish lists), a 1/48 Avro Anson, for something unusual, and in 1/72 (my scale) a Meteor F8, it's not to bad. Plus I'm interested in some of the vintage classics as well, such as the DHC B * * * er ( That's a banded word apparently, which will be a problem if someone want's to post a build thread! Made me chuckle) and Whirlwind. I'm sure some will still moan about their requests for a 1/48 scale C-5 Galaxy still haven't been met, and how it would fit right into Airfix's catalogue and they would sell thousands!

PMM

Yes I think that the aircraft guys will be for the most part happy with this catalog as many of these additions have been on the wish lists. This catalog will have the 1/48 & 1/72 modelers alternately over joyed disappointed as they read through the list. joy

The 1/24th scale Spit is just lovely.

I am an F-86 Sabre guy but the F-86 F-40 doesn't do much for me.... pretty small user group on that. smirk

The DHC-2 vintage kit will be welcome.

The XK-E in 1/43rd scale is certainly a departure from the Airfix standard of 1/32nd scale.

Yay!!!

The Vintage Classics bring us 1/72 Fiat G.50 - a rare rarebit - and close to the hearts of all Finnish Air Force fans!

Would it be too much to ask you decals for a FinnAF machine? The painting scheme could be either the original Italian scheme, the Finnish dark green/black/light blue scheme - or the Finnish post-war scheme with roundels? Several Finnish machines sported ample scoreboards - the top scoring Finnish Fiat pilot was W/O Oiva Tuominen, who scored 26 of his 43 kills on Fiat.

Yay!!!

The Vintage Classics bring us 1/72 Fiat G.50 - a rare rarebit - and close to the hearts of all Finnish Air Force fans!

Would it be too much to ask you decals for a FinnAF machine? The painting scheme could be either the original Italian scheme, the Finnish dark green/black/light blue scheme - or the Finnish post-war scheme with roundels? Several Finnish machines sported ample scoreboards - the top scoring FA pilot was W/O Oiva Tuominen, who scored 26 of his 43 kills on Fiat.

Glad that you are happy with the G.50 release. Surely someone will come up with the FinnAF decals.

I haven't built this kit yet but may this time around....will go well with the 1/72 Spitfire Vc in a Malta clash!

Tim

And it seems there is another FinnAF machine coming - 1/72 DHC Bever. Both the Finnish Air Force and the Finnish Coast Guard have used Bevers, and it has also been in private use.

Thank you Airfix guys XXXXX !

Yes the DHC-2 will be very welcome in its return.

I will build a few on floats.....maybe look at converting one to a mk3 version (TurboBxxxxr) turbine engine, longer cabin, different fin/rudder and sub-fin and bigger floats.

Tim

Just too add, these 2022 releases are quite inspiring for me. I want most things on it. Unusual for me. Might turn the e type into a c type mind.

R.E. aircraft carrier. Although I absolutely don't intend to offend or be rude with my earlier comment, my view still stands that there is no point complaining that it has not been tooled this year. Nothing will change that. My personal view is that the craft is still pretty early in it's development and there are nothing to say it won't be retrofitted with a catapult, especially bearing in mind the tooling cost of such a kit. I'm sure proper specs and official blueprints are kept under wraps too. I'm not saying that it shouldn't or won't be done, just there are issues that might arise and that there is no point criticising the entire 2022 range because of it. Besides, how many anson kits do you see? Be thankful for what you've got, not bitter for what you haven't. I'm sure it's day will come.grinning

I wonder if the Frog/Novo Swordfish floats and struts will do?

Nice colour scheme …. Much like that of the 40 units that Ontario Provincial Air Services operate from the late 40’s to the late sixties when they were all replaced with the turbine powered mk3

As Peebeep says, the kit that I bought back in the day had floats and wheel skis

Tim

Well, as others have said, nothing there for me. I already have the Blenheim MkIVF, and don’t need another. On the other hand, that’s an impressive spread of kits which I hope does well for the company.

On another forum, it was noted that there may be further announcements still to come, with yesterday as the headliners. There may yet be more vintage classics added, and watching the video I spotted that elusive 1/35th Austin ambulance box in the background at least once. I doubt there will be more new tools announced, though.

So, who knows? The year is still young.

Love the Anson, the Spitfire is looking good too. I cant understand some of the complaints, we are not quite out of a pandemic and business have been hit hard. Airfix have managed to come out with something for everyone. They are not all my taste but there are still things I love. Costs go up and I have been making models for 50 years. There were always models out of my price range, kits I could only dream of. but, there were always kits I could afford and Airfix still makes them.