Chrissaf

Brew Man

I was thinking the same thing myself BM. As far as I can see, his last post was on Monday.
And what happened to being able to click on a user so you can see all of her/his posts?

I must have missed that. The last post I could find was 4th March.

The Moderator team have been contacted by one of Chris’s family to inform us, and by way of us the forum, that Chris has succumbed to a stroke and has sadly passed away. We have been asked to convey how much Chris enjoyed his forum work and how grateful he was for the many online friendships he had made both on and off the forum. Chris’s speedy and highly detailed responses together with always perfectly crafted images will be a great loss to the forum. He will be greatly missed on the forum and especially by the Moderators. The family have asked for no further contact.

Chris will be sadly missed by many on the Forum and many others (including myself) that he helped on non-Hornby electronic Projects. His diagrams and knowledge were second to none. The Forum has lost a great contributor.

R.I.P. Chris.

David

Sad news indeed.

There will be a very big gap in his prompt and knowledgable answers to members’ problem, that will be impossible to fill.

An attempt will be made to secure his valuable and extremely comprehensive downloadable guides to a local vault. Such links on the forum may cease to work in the interim.

Rest easy Chris.

Very sorry to hear Chris is no longer with us.

He helped a huge number of people, myself included, and I really appreciate the contribution he made to my hobby. I will really miss reading his posts.

Thank you Chris for all your efforts on our behalf.

Very sad news, indeed - I had hoped he was away on holiday.

Nothing compared to the loss his family must be feeling, of course, but I was in awe of not only the knowledge so freely imparted but the time Chris must have devoted to forum matters both publicly and behind the scenes, and I will sorely miss his explanation of so many subjects I find difficult to understand put across in such an easy-to-comprehend way.

The Forum has lost one of its stalwarts and we will be the poorer for it.

This is devastating news about Chris. Our thoughts go out to his family. Chris was a dedicated contributor to the Forum. He must have spent many hours composing his detailed replies to technical queries and he will be greatly missed.

RIP

Very sorry to hear of the passing of Chris, I hope he had a full innings and was doing the things he loved to the very end. My sincere condolences to his family and friends, and especially to his friends here. I know many of you will have formed long and strong friendships with Chris and will be feeling his loss greatly. Please take care all.

HK.

This is very sad news indeed

He will be sorely missed by all who had anything to do with these forums.

He had a wealth of information that he was always happy to share and his humor showed when it was warranted.

The forums will be all the poorer for his loss.

I hope all our messages will be passed on to his family

I haven't been a member of this forum for long, but I noticed what a font of knowledge Chris was from an early stage. He helped me personally on a couple of occasions and saved me from making an unnecessary and potentially costly change to my layout and for that I'm grateful. He was, in my opinion, also a good sport. I once asked him if anyone else thought his avatar reminded them of a certain former government advisor, (shades of Barnard Castle). His reply was he thought it more like IDS!

RIP Chris. You will be missed.