Chrissaf

Brew Man

Very sad to hear and my thoughts with his family and friends, on and off the forum. May he rest in peace in a first class sleeper.

I am one who was well-established on the forum when Chris joined. In almost no time, he was contributing more than I had to that point for the benefit of all. Without any doubt his forum presence and contributions have exceeded those of any other member.

Rob, Roger and the moderator crew - I trust the exercise to secure his contributions goes well. There is an absolute wealth of sticky thread material to be secured from his posts if someone has the time.

While I would most certainly respect the family’s wishes for no further contact, should they contact anyone here, we also know that his computers contain a lot of standard post content material plus tutorials both finished and in preparation. So if it were appropriate at the time of any contact, it would be good to ask to have his records passed on for display for future forum members, with appropriate acknowledgement of course.

In fact, taking that one step further, having Hornby formally acknowledge his contribution would be excellent if it can be arranged. They too will have benefited as a company by way of well-informed customers more inclined to future purchases. There will be any number of RM customers who may well have thrown it in the bin save for his help.

Having the acknowledgement accompanied by his content included permanently on the website would be an excellent way to secure his legacy.

It’s not really so much a question of time. The preservation of Chris’s considerable output, which will be of great value to current and future modellers, is something we all want to do and is worthy of effort. There are some technical implications that need to be resolved, and we will have a better understanding of them once someone explores further. Rest assured though if it can be done- we will do it. R-

Whilst I have been rebuilding my network at home with a new server and new PC I have, unfortunately, been out of the picture and did not know until this morning that Chris had sadly passed away. Fellow Forum Moderator Roger informed myself via a private phone call around an hour ago and I have been reading the contributions made here by members and Moderators alike.

May I add my own words to those already posted...

Chris was a unique fellow with a unique style of presentation of his knowledge, skills and thoughts. He helped so many Forum members over time who no doubt have valued that help which saved a huge amount of time and effort in their builds, especially with the electronics side of things. His biggest passion, which he stated so many times, was his obsession with electronics and his experimentation with so many little projects where he was determined to better his efforts with much fine tuning. Most often succeeding out of sheer persistence.

It always saddens me when folk with skills such as his pass away and those skills are lost to a world where they are deeply sought. His contributions as a Moderator to this Forum, as Fishmanoz points out, should be preserved in a way so they are possibly available for all to access.

All there is left to say is that I pass on my sincerest condolences to his family and friends, some of whom he made with his time as a Moderator here, and that I too will miss his expertise and contributions both on a personal and Forum level.

R.I.P. Chris...

So sad to hear / read about Chris - He had also helped me in the past with his drawings / diagrams I seem to remember!!! Chris had done well with 14486 Posts!!! RIP Chris - hope you have a Train Layout to fix with drawings / diagrams where every you are!!! 🚂

Very shocked to hear this, partly because I was very conscious that Chris had not responded to some posts recently and I wondered about the reason for it.

Chris gave me more assistance than I could have hoped for, when I came to this forum as a complete beginner about 8 months ago. I printed out many of his detailed explanations, and still have them in a folder, to which I refer from time to time.

Thank you Chris and you will be sadly missed.

I am new to this forum (recently join couple of months back) but feel already knew Chris and he will be deeply missed. My thoughts are with his family to overcome their loss and in this difficult time.

Regards

A great loss for the Hornby community, Chrissaf was a very knowledgeable member, always very happy and willing to help anyone in difficulty’s. He’s input will be missed I am sure.

RIP Chissaf, condolences and thoughts for his family at these sad times.

I had just signed in for first time for quite a while and have been very shocked and saddened to hear of Chrissaf's passing. He will be sadly missed along with his valuable input by us all. May he rest in peace and my condolences to all his family and friends.

Thank you Chrissaf for all the help and advice you have so cheerfully and kindly given us.

Just heard about this, very sad news indeed. I spent some time reading through the posts here and would just like to echo them and send my best wishes to his friends and family.

Chrissaf always seemed a very genuine person and, as has been pointed out by nearly everyone, he was incredibly knowledgeable on so many levels.

He will be sorely missed.

Thank you Chris.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...