Crescent Valley Heritage Railway

Chris98

I bought a

SANSI Dimmable LED Light GLS

Bulb 27W 156 LEDS 4000Im

5000K Daylight A21 E27

Also available non dimmable. Well worth the money. Can work on layout anytime now. I was going to get a table lamp or similar but this is a far better option. It just replaces the bulb you already have. I also got an adapter to change the bc fitting to screw for less than £2.

Hope that helps

Due to a broken printer not much action on the layout until today.

Trying to see which available tunnel portals are best for what I need.

Came up with this customised version. It's only a test run as I need to make one that allows 3 tracks through it but it looks very promising.

forum_image_6557a68785cab.thumb.png.9c04f795a48c2b2fbf2e5e2a59042571.png

Just couldn't hold off anymore. After applying sleeper grime yesterday I have taken the plunge and ballasted under where my long bridge is going so I can get it fitted, connect all my track and have a working layout again. Two tunnel portals also made and left for glue to dry before fitting.

forum_image_65593c23ed830.thumb.png.fc734008d94e2d6e66b756b4d632182e.png

A few days certainly makes a difference. My locos/trains kept stopping in the corners under the raised areas (dirty track) I had no way of reaching under to clean the track and my layout today is a bit of a mess rage

forum_image_6561cdc40103d.thumb.png.80a127bacfe91d88b6b91018f298adf9.png

Went and got some new mdf cut to size for backboards and started fitting. I have learnt the hard way and should have done this at the start. I have now cut slots in the backboards to give access and made the small wooden supports underneath removable.

forum_image_6561cdccc7925.thumb.png.7e71bd395672a6f80d22f2aba82f2383.png

Just got to put it all back together and sort out a new back scene.

I'm enjoying watching this layout come together. I think this will be one of the coolest British TT layouts once completed. The different levels, the bridge, and the four tracks in parallel give the layout a real wow factor. It feels epic. This layout is going to have so many cool angles for photographs. So much action packed into a compact space!

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Not done alot since my last post as I have been waiting for the new backscene to arrive. It came today so I fitted it. Not the easiest thing to do on your own. It's one lenght as I did not like the joins in my last one. I think it looks ok.

forum_image_65738b3032dd9.thumb.png.3b50dc1cd61716e4c873b6f8bc791578.png

Anyway things can now get moving again and I will start on completing the branch line station first with hills and other scenery.

forum_image_65738b38ece73.thumb.png.18b31dbe9a33766dd802d126cd3bfb9e.png

Happy Christmas everyone.

A big milestone reached today. All my track apart from an upper level reverse loop (reverse module in situ, wired and tested) is now fitted.

I am trying to work out how to do the upper level reverse loop and may leave it until more tt120 bridges become available. No more mass soldering/droppers. Hooray!

Here's the latest pics

forum_image_657dd03e226e1.thumb.png.0460d7eff58a8eae85511841fc23de46.png

forum_image_657dd046b67cf.thumb.png.86a4dc60476a01854067fbca17e536d4.png

• 3 weeks later...

Went for it today and put all the planning to one side and just did what came to my mind. A bit of insulation board, chicken wire, cardboard covered in plaster bandage and I have done the below. The road bridge and rocky hillside will both be removable so I can get to those problem areas.

forum_image_6599b2a784173.thumb.png.b16fd7a0e1b7b42f00e5a3835d69da42.png

Really enjoyed applying the plaster bandage. I am going to finish this end first breaking it down into manageable sections.

In the not too distant future I will be putting grass on my layout in the section I have posted. I know there is a load of stuff on social media about this. It is probably easier to ask you lot advice regarding size, make, grass applicator etc and any decent trees?

As a first time user, I found the WWScenics static applicator (I got the "Pro Grass Micro") very easy to use, I used their 1mm stuff mostly, with a bit of 2mm thrown in here and there. (pic awaiting approval)

My trees I bought from amazon, because they were reasonably priced and I CBA to make 'em blush but if you want to make your own, RallyMatt has some tips on his High Fell thread.

Oh I don't know ... 70 for under £18 isn't bad : Pack of 70 Model Trees DIY Train Street Railway Scenery Landscape Accssory 1.18-3.54inch HO Z TT Scale : Amazon.co.uk: Toys & Games

I think I bought 3 or 4 packs of around 20-30 trees at £11-16 a pack, still have a few left sunglasses

I did buy them them over the course of a couple of months so it didn't seem so bad smiley