Crescent Valley Heritage Railway

Chris98

Posted (edited)

May be of help to others. I have been thinking about pre made tunnel portals, none would fit so20240326_113555.thumb.jpg.d9e20fdcc1d3f0142a9e709dcf40185a.jpg I have made some of my own custom prototypes and with a bit of tidying/altering they are ideal. Built from card and printed walls  (railscenes) They are really easy to do. 20240326_110903.thumb.jpg.b1e7d8bfe71271b7b618f0f3d399e4a3.jpg

Edited by Chris98
  • Like 3

Last post for a bit. I am not sure about the blue brick portal I have made. I was thinking that as so many structures on railways were constructed from enginering bricks due to their strength then I should have at least one thing made from them. Perhaps the lack of any scenery makes it stand out. 

I could swap it back to red brick, change the one under the girder bridge (not yet finished) to blue brick. Thoughts?

20240326_182733.jpg

20240326_182745.jpg

• Like 1

Since starting my layout I have put off the incline as did not really know what to do to cover the white polystyrene. Today I did this to it, with some weeds etc added to it in due course to soften it I think it has worked.  

Before Screenshot_20240329_145317_Gallery.thumb.jpg.538731ff60a0e4830676169b886f9081.jpg

After

20240329_134706.thumb.jpg.38d745f8f0ac918f077adc5042352801.jpg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

My incline is 2% (without powerbase). I tried more but loco's would not travel up any thing more than 2%. Even tried the dcc concepts powerbase which made no improvement.  You may have better results.

Edited by Chris98
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chris98 said:

Sorry, I cannot answer your question as I do not own a 08, steam era only here (for now). One thing to consider is that my incline starts on curves which adds to the drag. 

As would my incline ☺️

08's were about in the steam era, introduced in 1952 although similar looking LMS and LNER shunters were about jn low numbers a little before nationalization. But I can empathise with wanting to keep your railway all steam ☺️

But I digress, keep up the good work, your layout is looking fantastic. 😎

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the comment. Nothing against diesels, I always planned that I could change my layout to a heritage line, that way I can run anything 👍

Edited by Chris98

Posted (edited)

One of the last tunnel portals painted and now in place. I really like this one and keep looking at it thinking did I do that?

Screenshot_20240401_195413_Gallery.thumb.jpg.020b6333f053fb7f4829fe83ca5ad81c.jpg

Just got to finish and fit the one to the right.  

Edited by Chris98
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Unable to do anything with my layout dissapointingly. Ordered some retaining walls at beginning of the month from a retailer (they really should be named to help others but do not know if I can on here) and received nothing and no response to calls/emails. Do not want to risk buying any others as just my luck I end up with double the amount then have to foot a returns bill or unable to return them due to zero communication thus far. They are at model world live, perhaps one of you could shout at them for me? 😀

I need these as I complete my layout section by section and in a specific order so that everything fits together.

I am also waiting for a custom built control panel for my points which after ordering in January apparently will not be ready for up to another 6 weeks due to stock shortages.

It is all so very frustrating at the minute! 😒