New Profiles Feedback

Brew Man

As I don't see a thread specifically on this, I thought I'd start one. I've just installed the updated version of the Class 4F to my Prairie. Wrong profile I know, but it will have to do until the correct one is available. Anyway whereas it was stopping here and there on my layout which I consider is due to dirty patches on my track, (and I still think that's the case), with version 2 of the profile there is none of that - totally smooth motion from start to finish. I attribute that to static charging of the Power Bank. So a big + from me.

In the app settings page simply call up the profiles screen and see the version number in the name.

There is a crib sheet posted in a sticky post above which explains the variations of version on another thread. This will eventually find its way onto the HM DCC / HM7000 master document page of the web site.

A reload is necessary and you pick the same profile from the list and go thru’ the loading process again just as if you were changing to another profile.

Possibly 'Queries about HM7000 Power Sources' and 'Compatible Controllers' could be replaced by one, say, 'Compatible and Incompatible Power sources'.

We cannot merge threads unfortunately. It would be a laborious cut and paste which would lose the original posters ID per post.

@96RAF - Just a suggestion, but you could copy & paste the detail from your ‘compatible controllers’ post, into your first post in ‘Queries about… power sources’ & then rename that thread as @Brew Man suggests.
That would collate the useful info into one thread (with most important first) - whilst also retaining the further discussion.

I have done as suggested, which leaves Steve as the sole poster in the thinned out thread. He can amend or delete or leave as he wishes.

Leave it as is Rob unless the info is now out of date.

I would suggest moving it Steve. Say when on the Teams chat and I will unlock it for action, although as the post originator you can edit it. Then the post can be deleted and make space for BMs sticky.

My experiences lifted from another thread.

I dropped the v2 profiles into 4 of my TT:120 locos, super smooth downloads no glitches. Running in general is smoother, I am certain! No changes in the short address needed, works fine on the main Dynamis Ultra. Also all the individual changes I had made to CVs 4, 5, 6, still stuck so it wasn’t like a full decoder reset in my case. I didn’t have to un-assign, unlink the decoders to get the profiles to upload. On my Piko BR130 I uploaded the new class 47 profile over the Cl 50 it has been running so I know the new profiles have overwritten fully. 

Loving the flexibility of this system and the user friendly experience. 👍

• 4 months later...

Sound profiles are being updated all the time and each version is now at a higher revision than previous. Users are advised to check in the app for revision states and upload the latest profile to obtain the benefits of test team improvements.

To whet your whistles more profiles are being tested over the weekend including the much requested Class 20. Also King and W1 - original and rebuilt. Expect them to pop up in the app soon.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone, I wanted to bring to your attention a new sound addition to the HM DCC app – a Princess Royal Class sound profile. This profile has recently emerged in the highlighted new section of the app after you scroll past the Castle Class. Interestingly, there hasn't been any official mention of it by Hornby. For those who have been using the Coronation sound profile, this comes as a pleasant surprise. I thought it would be helpful to update our forum members about this development.

17 minutes ago, The Last Ninja said:

Hello everyone, I wanted to bring to your attention a new sound addition to the HM DCC app – a Princess Royal Class sound profile. This profile has recently emerged in the highlighted new section of the app after you scroll past the Castle Class. Interestingly, there hasn't been any official mention of it by Hornby. For those who have been using the Coronation sound profile, this comes as a pleasant surprise. I thought it would be helpful to update our forum members about this development.

Hornby does not as a norm announce these things individually. The overall forecast sheet is re-issued every now and then.

It would be more usual for the test team to say they are checking them before release to live app.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, 96RAF said:

Hornby does not as a norm announce these things individually. The overall forecast sheet is re-issued every now and then.

It would be more usual for the test team to say they are checking them before release to live app.

It appears that Hornby has yet to include the new profiles they just released last week in their sound profile list. They last updated the list on 13th February of this year. Since then, (13 Feb 24) three new sound profiles have been introduced quietly for 00 gauge and two for the the HST sounds for the TT120 system. Typically, these updates are made a few days after the release of each sound profile. I anticipate a few more releases before the end of the month. I am hopeful that they will release the Class 800-1 and Class 91 sounds before April, as per the release schedule.

• Like 1