New Profiles Feedback

Brew Man

2 hours ago, The Last Ninja said:

It appears that Hornby has yet to include the new profiles they just released last week in their sound profile list. They last updated the list on 13th February of this year. Since then, (13 Feb 24) three new sound profiles have been introduced quietly for 00 gauge and two for the the HST sounds for the TT120 system. Typically, these updates are made a few days after the release of each sound profile. I anticipate a few more releases before the end of the month. I am hopeful that they will release the Class 800-1 and Class 91 sounds before April, as per the release schedule.

4-VEP being tested. Last additions to live server were DoG, Castle and Princess Royal as you know.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 96RAF said:

4-VEP being tested. Last additions to live server were DoG, Castle and Princess Royal as you know.

Great to hear the 423 VEP is being tested @96RAF Great news. I saw that was also on the list of sound profiles to be released this quarter as well.

• 5 weeks later...

Very impressed with my new TT120 Valenta HST sounds !  Not sure if this has been thought about but what about a "Nature" profile, so that one perhaps could buy a card with a speaker, wire it up and put it in a house, shed, bush etc with birdsong, cows, sheep, farm machinery, dogs, perhaps odd things such as couples having a row etc.. would work with any scale. Apologies if such a thing already exists and I have missed it !

@Gregory-374918   Continental brands such as Noch and Viessmann have been producing modules with nature sounds etc. for many years.  Gaugemaster have a series of modules and I'm sure I've seen others out there too.   The advent of cheap players that can play from  a micro-SD card makes these easy to produce.  

Didn't the recent Hornby TV program series show them working on a wagon with nature sounds on a sound decoder?   Is that available yet?  (sorry I don't follow 00 much).  

Edited by ntpntpntp

There are 2 x TTS VentVans with various background noises. Download the user manuals (leaflets) for them in the support section to see which sounds are in which van.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, 96RAF said:

There are 2 x TTS VentVans with various background noises. Download the user manuals (leaflets) for them in the support section to see which sounds are in which van.

Yes, that's the sort of thing , but Is that controllable via the Bluetooth app ? Doesn't seem so or am I wrong ? Also not TT. Just putting the sound files out there as a profile to be downloaded onto a decoder that will work with the Bluetooth app is what I am wondering ? Such a thing would mean I for one would buy a decoder and speaker for them and hide it somewhere !

23 minutes ago, Gregory-374918 said:

Yes, that's the sort of thing , but Is that controllable via the Bluetooth app ? Doesn't seem so or am I wrong ? Also not TT. Just putting the sound files out there as a profile to be downloaded onto a decoder that will work with the Bluetooth app is what I am wondering ? Such a thing would mean I for one would buy a decoder and speaker for them and hide it somewhere !

You can operate vent vans from the app via a dongle and dcc controller. They can be hard wired to a bus and hidden behind a bush or in a building, etc.

Maybe ambient sound modules will be a future bluetooth product.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I can understand no profile for Locos that Hornby haven't made as DCC ready, but there are some missing that are ... unless I am missing it (more than possible !)

I have a Hornby DCC ready Large Prairie, but I can not see it on the list ?

14 hours ago, Pendragon Sailing said:

Correct, Too Tall. That profile is not on the list (yet), but you might consider using the 2MT or maybe the 4F, in the meantime.

Ok sounds like a plan. TBH I have no idea what would sound similar so that's a help. Is the Prairie likely to be done does anyone know ?

Also what might be similar to a GWR pannier ?

I could always use a non BT sound decoder TBH, as my 00 layout will have its own controller, but HM7k decoders are cheaper and make it a breeze to adjust settings, but IDK if say, adjustments to accel decel settings made on BT will remain once its under DCC control ? 

Edited by Too Tall
typos

@Gregory-374918 I have 3 ambient sound modules, the country one from Gaugemaster and then made 2 of my own using recordable sound modules that are intended for greetings cards/gifts etc, one for the sound of a pair of Hawker Hunters screaming overhead (short) and another with a loop of industrial dock sounds (15 min loop) for my quayside. There are several types, watch for the length of recording time and if you want to use a built in microphone or transfer a file. Many have options for the activation,  switch, light activation, magnetic etc. not all do loops. You can also hardwire power supply (instead of batteries) most benefit from replacing the speaker, the spare ones from HM DCC decoders in an enclosure are very good. 

On 20/04/2024 at 10:26, Too Tall said:

Ok sounds like a plan. TBH I have no idea what would sound similar so that's a help. Is the Prairie likely to be done does anyone know ?

Also what might be similar to a GWR pannier ?

I could always use a non BT sound decoder TBH, as my 00 layout will have its own controller, but HM7k decoders are cheaper and make it a breeze to adjust settings, but IDK if say, adjustments to accel decel settings made on BT will remain once its under DCC control ? 

Yes, the CV accel/decel settings made under BT control do stick when you then use the loco under DCC control, indeed ‘most’ CV setting do, but there are a few that may not (CVs 17, 18 & 19 sometimes play up, for some reason).

• Thanks 1