R7326 HM7040: Bluetooth® Legacy Dongle In Stock

Dodge1965

11 hours ago, Kristian-353752 said:

but the manual could have been a lot better, particularly around the creation of a second loco.

Look here for the quick start guide and a series of tutorials for the dongle.

https://uk.hornby.com/hm7000/hm-dcc-guides

Essentially you list all your legacy locos in the engine shed and assign them to the dongle. There is no practical limit.

Just taken delivery of my Legacy Dongle and tried to link it via my Digitrax DCS210+ (via its LOCONET Port).

Sadly, it doesn’t seem to work. No red LED lights up. I’m assuming therefore that XPRESSNET and LOCONET are not compatible, and that I won’t be able to use the Dongle unless I obtain a Select or Elite (which I won’t). A shame, but there it is. Pre-owned Legacy Dongle anyone?  One careful owner ! 😂😂

• Sad 1

Got my preorder notification as well. I know I won’t be first to receive mine as I live in Canada. Postage and broker fees will double the cost of this item but I wanted to use the last of my Hobby Points. Looking forward to having my DCC OO layout and my HM7000 TT120 layout through one app. Hopefully my brain can handle it. 

Well mine arrived today from Rails. Following the Guide posted by @96RAF above my TT 08 shunter was under the App control in minutes. I also could add my Bluetooth enabled locomotives (set to DCC running as I’m currently using the Elite). I can see this will be a boon for those with many legacy locomotives who want to use the App, but for me I’ll keep it in its box until accessory control comes along. Ingenious device though.

Just a heads up for anyone trying to load multiple TTS function key profiles. There is a slight glitch that allows loading the first one but stops the second and subsequent. There is however a workaround, albeit a bit protracted, so if you have many to do it will be onerous and you may wish to delay doing many for now until fixed.

This is what you have to do:

Unassign any locomotives from the HM7040 in the Manage Device screen. 

Create a new 'Temp' vehicle in the Engine Shed. 

Assign the HM7040 to it, ensuring that this is the only locomotive the 7040 is assigned to. 

Tap on Settings.

Tap on Profiles.

Find your chosen function map.

Plug in the HM7040 / 'Temp' loco.

Tap on Import Function Map.

Go to Locomotive Settings of the 'Temp' locomotive. 

Tap on Export Function Map.

Save the Function Map with a given name. 

Go to Engine Shed. 

Tap on the correct locomotive you wish for the newly exported function map to be applied to.

Tap on Import Function Map.

Choose the Function Map you recently exported.

This will install the function map for another locomotive.

Repeat this process using the 'Temp' locomotive with other profiles, exporting each Function Map out and re-importing them back in to the correct locomotive.

Once complete, go to Manage Devices, tap on HM7040 and assign the HM7040 to all locomotives you wish to control with it.

Bug fix on the way.

1 hour ago, Andrew-372848 said:

Well mine arrived today from Rails……

Sorry, you have to of ordered direct from Hornby to be considered as first 😜😂

Glad it’s all gone smoothly 👍🏻

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, 96RAF said:

Just a heads up for anyone trying to load multiple TTS function key profiles.....

Blimey, that must of taken some working out, thanks for the post, saves loads of questions later :classic_smile:

• Like 1

Looks like mine is due tomorrow... But the ART department wants to go shopping..  Trying to come up with reasons to stay at home.  "Looks like i have broken my leg" or "The dogs are looking lonely and we should stay with them" are topping the list !!!

• Like 1