Let's Talk TT Video

GMD

It certainly brought me back to the hobby after a period away. Given what was going on behind the scenes with TT120 (as we know development started before Model World did ), it was a clever move on their part to whet appetites and then deliver the “Ta-da!” Moment of TT120. 

1 hour ago, Trevor-353714 said:

I wonder how many of us started in the hobby by watching 'Hornby a model world' and getting excited by TT120? Can this be our 'me too' moment?

It was for me.

• Like 1

Initially I've watched lots of OO videos and then bought a Flying Scotsman train set.

Regretted after first run as realised I don't have good space ever for a set 

Then watched videos on TT (funny enough video of "favourite" youtuber 😆)and was itching to buy it. But was "forced" to make more research in order to avoid repeating mistake.

Now I am super happy to have my Scotsman TT set 😁 And trying to grow it 🚂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trevor-353714 said:

I wonder how many of us started in the hobby by watching 'Hornby a model world' and getting excited by TT120? Can this be our 'me too' moment?

Yep, although the idea of a Model railway was in my head, it was seeing the TT120 bit on the show that had me looking on the PC after, and planning the next day 😁

Edited by Too Tall
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

That's the next episode of "Let's Talk TT" in the can - recording complete today. Chris and I thoroughly enjoyed our chat with both Martyn Weaver and Carl Hart.

Keep an eye out for the episode coming out later this week, all being well.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, GMD said:

That's the next episode of "Let's Talk TT" in the can - recording complete today. Chris and I thoroughly enjoyed our chat with both Martyn Weaver and Carl Hart.

Keep an eye out for the episode coming out later this week, all being well.

I’ll be looking forward to it! Hopefully the editing doesn’t take too long… I can’t wait! 😆

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Generic Hornby Username said:

I’ll be looking forward to it! Hopefully the editing doesn’t take too long… I can’t wait! 😆

We're hoping it's out by Friday. 

• Like 3

On 15/03/2024 at 09:08, Trevor-353714 said:

I really hope you weren't meaning to make a joke reference to the "Me Too Movement" from a few years ago because that is not a joking matter

1 hour ago, Herbie said:

I think the article title should be changed.

Don’t disagree with that. I debated adding this latest one as a new thread but that seemed excessive. Will look into changing it to avoid confusion

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, RB51 said:

Let us know what you would prefer the title to say and we will change it for you. R-

Thanks RB51. Perhaps simply Let’s Talk TT video thread, so that it doesn’t automatically imply new episode is out each time it’s updated. Thanks. 

• Like 2

• RB51 changed the title to Let's Talk TT Video

I’m about half hour into the new episode, I’ll finish it later as I’m working today. It’s really good so far, it’s great to hear that they are always fixing the issues and applying what they have learnt to the next ones. I want to know what the two small locos they are working on are.. presumably we already know about them?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, taunmarc88 said:

I want to know what the two small locos they are working on are.. presumably we already know about them?

I’m not so sure. We gently raised it at the end off camera but they gave nothing away. But definitely something to look out for. 

• Thanks 1