Let's Talk TT Video

GMD

8 hours ago, Peachy said:I must admit we were very pleasantly surprised at Martyn’s openness. I really feel it bodes well for the future. 
Side note: it’s still not as popular a video as the whinny, opinionated nay sayers stuff…. Never mind eh? 

At least your channel is viewed by TT fans and users. Hornby will know that your viewers are all customers 😊. I suspect if a OO channel did the same video it would have been negative and most viewers would be OO users anyway! So many of us have turned away from OO channels *cough*Sam*cough*.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, happy tt said:

@ hobby  1707822967  sorry it was a joke lol 😊 in anwser to peachy post about if a 040 dock shunter  will be in a set. i know it takes a lot of time to make model trains sorry for the misunderstanding  i have been in this hobby for thirty years i wish printers🙂 could do it  all  lol  060  will be in a set 

Yes but regrettably many people actually believe what you said is true, hence my reply. There are too many around with very little understanding of how model production works. So best to clarify!

19 hours ago, happy tt said:

@ hobby  1707822967  sorry it was a joke lol 😊 in anwser to peachy post about if a 040 dock shunter  will be in a set. i know it takes a lot of time to make model trains sorry for the misunderstanding  i have been in this hobby for thirty years i wish printers🙂 could do it  all  lol  060  will be in a set 

Yes but regrettably many people actually believe what you said is true, hence my reply. There are too many around with very little understanding of how model production works. So best to clarify!

13 hours ago, Peachy said:

Cheers @dBerriff@Postman On The Rails@LTSR_NSE

I must admit we were very pleasantly surprised at Martyn’s openness. I really feel it bodes well for the future. 
Side note: it’s still not as popular a video as the whinny, opinionated nay sayers stuff…. Never mind eh? 

We all hold the high ground over the carpet surfers lol. Shame you can’t add you video to his comments 😜 could be a future guest (only a suggestion) bet they don’t get views from people on holiday in other countries (amusing with ads in German)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It was a really good interview, really enjoyed it, and great to see how open and honest they were being.  Definitely a good thing, and really helpful for us TT fans.

I’m looking forward to getting my Class 50 soon (next month?).  I see the store pictures have been updated to show actual TT models now?  Can’t wait.

• Like 1

@Peachy  sorry for my reply to your post about what dock   040 shunter   will be in a set.

apparently many people on this thread believe it to be true that you can put a model oo loco input  data  at 67 % in to a printer and it will come out has a TT120 model  i have been informed by member 1707822967  in three reply's.  it was a joke about hornby  producing a cheap set with a dock shunter lol 🙂  .   peachy can you please  ask the mods to look at  my replys on  this thread and member 1707822967  to me to see if my replys  where ok  ,

and warn people about it  thanks 🙂

Edited by happy tt
looked better with it
  • Haha 1

On 19/04/2024 at 20:19, Peachy said:

More likely that job will be filled by a slightly smaller simpler boxier 0-4-0 diesel 

I’m wondering if one of the upcoming 0-6-0s might be a more likely candidate in the short term?  Assuming those can be slightly more cost effective compared to the Class 08.  If we assume the outside frame plus the sheer number of pieces and details on the 08 is where the manufacturing cost comes from?

A pannier tank or even the J50 might be simpler in construction.  Certainly we all know a small goods set would be perfect as a starter for shunting planks or other micro layouts, and Hornby know how to make those types of set a success.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, happy tt said:

@Peachy  sorry for my reply to your post about what dock   040 shunter   will be in a set.

apparently many people on this thread believe it to be true that you can put a model oo loco input  data  at 67 % in to a printer and it will come out has a TT120 model  i have been informed by member 1707822967  in three reply's.  it was a joke about hornby  producing a cheap set with a dock shunter lol 🙂  .   peachy can you please  ask the mods to look at  my replys on  this thread and member 1707822967  to me to see if my replys  where ok  ,

and warn people about it  thanks 🙂

Hi @happy tt 

Sorry, what? Who? Why? Where? What’s going on? 
Did I miss something? 🫣🤣

I've tried reducing the 00 paper buildings that I have downloaded by 67% when printing them out. The only problems that I have encountered are that the internal lights are dimmer and the doors Squeak on their little paper hinges. And before anyone goes into a radius one spiral, yes, this is just meant as joke. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

It's the joys of digital communication - it's always harder to get tone and wit onto the page (or screen rather) and misunderstandings can easily arise. No harm done or intended I am sure. As you were chaps...! 🫡

• Like 1

7 hours ago, happy tt said:

apparently many people on this thread believe it to be true that you can put a model oo loco input  data  at 67 % in to a printer and it will come out has a TT120 model  i have been informed by member 1707822967  in three reply's.

Yes, the infamous "duplicate post", sorry about that! I didn't get the joke element in your first post, hence my initial reply and I clarified why in my second (the third, as I've just said was down to the delay in they forum posting and shouldn't be there!). I'm sorry that you feel I took your post so seriously, Happy, it wasn't intended that way but simply as clarification for those who are less well up on how models are produced than you and I, and yes they are around!

(Not sure why you addressed it to Peachy and not me, he's not a moderator as far as I know, just tell me straight if you feel I'm over-reacting, I can take it! In fact I'll take it on the chin now!! BTW the name's Hobby, those darn numbers came with the last forum update and I can't get rid of them, despite trying!) 😉

Edited by RB51
Banned word - now edited out
  • Like 1

@hobby 11i hope this  is the right one  there are a few hobbys on this

forum . i ask for a moderator to look at my replies to peachy and you to make sure that i did not cross a line and mislead people .

i asked peachy to ask instead of me as he carries more clout in the forum  than me  i think i forgot to put lol in my first reply . it  is just me

i had to check it was ok 

in one of my first threads i said about someone who has a blue carpet and got a lot of bad replies why did i pick on s--and this forum is not like that  so  i did not post for  a few   weeks so i would read but not write a word ,so  happy modelling  in a great scale  TT120 in the best hobby in the world 

Edited by happy tt
for got put two numbers in
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, happy tt said:

i asked peachy to ask instead of me as he carries more clout in the forum  than me

All forum members carry the same 'clout', except Moderators and of course the site Admin.

Your views are as important as anyone else's, so do not be put off posting or messaging the mods direct.

• Like 3

@happy tt Just as @96RAF says - no need to assume others have any more importance. I totally understand your intention to show respect to those who are longer-time users of the forum, but whilst that civility is appreciated, in this case it is not necessary. 

• Like 2

On 22/04/2024 at 05:29, John-L said:

I’m wondering if one of the upcoming 0-6-0s might be a more likely candidate in the short term?  Assuming those can be slightly more cost effective compared to the Class 08.  If we assume the outside frame plus the sheer number of pieces and details on the 08 is where the manufacturing cost comes from?

Unfortunately the J50 will be the same price as the 08.  £140 seems overpriced to me, even with 10% off.

Of course, that doesn't mean that the price means that's what it costs to produce so perhaps either the 08 or the J50 could be suitable candidates for a set?

Edited by SMR248
Fat fingers

@SMR248 £140 seems very fair price for a newly tooled small loco. We know the quality will be good, all wheel pick ups, weighty chassis as possible, super smooth running and sublime decoration and finish. All the others are to this standard. If you compare with similar models in TT from Europe they are running out at £200 RRP. There are some old tooling more basic detailed locos at similar prices to Hornby, so all in all it doesn’t seem they are charging excessively 

@Rallymatt We'll have to agree to disagree on that.

It's ten quid more than the 66 (I do realise that the 66 will probably sell many more units).

It depends how much you want a J50 and I probably want one less than you do.

Comparing it to what's available in N or 00 it seems expensive to me.

@SMR248 The TT130 66 has always been somewhat of a price anomaly in the range, possibly due to it being shared across Arnold & Hornby ranges so they have a higher number of sales to spread development and tooling costs. When launched it was priced below £100  & I recall that Simon Kohler was asked about it early on.

I doubt Hornby are overpricing either the 08 or J50  beyond their accepted margins so they will have good reason for the prices being what they are. 

@Moccasin obviously they're pricing it in accordance with what they think the market will bear.  Time will tell what the market thinks.

However, it will be a shame if it doesn't sell well and this is translated into "there is no demand".

It would not be my first choice of 0-6-0T so I'll probably wait for now.

The price of the 66 - which is still the lowest cost locomotive in the TT120 range despite several chances to increase to the same as the 50- really suggests that they’re not going for the maximum they can get away with.

Pre-orders are pretty good already with about 180 across the three j50s on the Hornby store alone, according to the metadata. I imagine they’ll improve further when the 6-pin HM7000 decoder becomes imminent. 

• Like 1