Let's Talk TT Video

GMD

Head over to YouTube and Peachy's channel to see a new conversation-style episode. Looking for plenty feedback and suggestions for future episodes along the same broad lines...

• Like 7

10 hours ago, GMD said:

Head over to YouTube and Peachy's channel to see a new conversation-style episode. Looking for plenty feedback and suggestions for future episodes along the same broad lines...

Enjoyed the chat format and your intros into the pastime. Already looking forward to the next one now the intros have been done and Ted has been introduced!

• Like 1

Just finishing watching now, I have really enjoyed this video. I think the TT community is shaping up so well and it is the main reason I have stuck with the scale. Thanks guys for making great content!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I decided to try TT after watching Hornby on Yesterday Channel having watched it from the start. And seeing them testing TT William Whitelaw and saying I want one. Having wanted a train set for years but not having the space as we live in a flat, and then doing research to see if we could fit a layout in somewhere.  

As a child I remember we had a Hornby Flying Scotsman OO set with teak cartridges it was always hidden in the bottom of a wardrobe, and then when I was old I got a BR Blue-Grey non hornby 00 set for my birthday but again there wasn’t the space and I soon got tired of put it together and then packing it away again. I am excitedly awaiting for my BR HST I always remember these from Leeds Station when we went on family holidays and them screaming out of the station, and the 10p cadbury choclate machines on the platform. 

As a complete beginner it has been great to learn new skills, like soldering & electrics and get my problem solving hat on. Thinking of Minature Wunderland in Hamburg vs my little layout and thinking wow they must do lots of planning not only for the tracks but the little easter eggs dotted around the layout, and also the layout at Deutsche Bahn museum in Nuremberg which uses an old signal box control panel and relays to control the layout. 

I am hoping we get a TT Deltic and Eurostar.

Also glad I got to meet Simon K in Margate before he left.

Edited by Postman On The Rails
  • Like 5

Just watched the video. So pleased to hear from two people within the hobby with such a passion for the scale. I am actually new to the hobby and this video has made me feel more at ease with what I am doing and now realise I have made the right decision with this scale.

Thank you both Chris and Greg for such an informative video and I look forward to the next episode.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Evening all

just a line to say Chris and I have been chuffed to bits with the response to this video. Hugely appreciate the kind comments above on the forum and on YouTube itself. Thoughts and ideas are very welcome for next time!
GMD

• Like 4

🚫 no click bait title
🚫 no stylised thumbnail
🚫 no exaggerated criticism of manufacturers
🚫 no personal criticism of manufacturer personnel or other YouTubers
⁉️ praising manufacturer personnel (including former personnel) & other YouTubers
⁉️ providing explanations & reasons for personal opinions offered
⁉️ allowing room for audience to decide their own opinions
🚫 not telling audience what they must think. 
🚫 no excessive adverts interrupting content every 5 seconds
🚫 no shilling/plugging own merchandise
🚫 no gratuitous shots of cardboard boxes
🚫 no wobbly, out of focus shots of something completely unidentifiable

Congratulations to you both - a highly enjoyable & informative video. 😀👏

I’m concerned you haven’t entirely understood correct YouTuber etiquette! 😉😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Wow! Thanks guys… I was bracing myself for at best, some light ribbing (still time for that) or some actual ridicule for being so self indulgent! 
I really wasn’t expecting so many positive and supportive comments. 
Thanks again. 

Greg, looks like we should plan another. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Peachy said:

Wow! Thanks guys… I was bracing myself for at best, some light ribbing (still time for that) or some actual ridicule for being so self indulgent! 
I really wasn’t expecting so many positive and supportive comments. 
Thanks again. 

Greg, looks like we should plan another. 

Your gonna need a bigger show 😝 

• Like 1

Finally managed to finish watching. Great job guys. Couldn't disagree with anything said. This scale is on the up and up.

One thing though. If you do manage to get a few YouTubers together, both for and against for true balance of course, could you ask one in particular if he ever gets carpet burns?

Too much????  😁

Edited by Baz657
  • Haha 5

Morning Gang, 

I hope everyone’s buoyed up by the arrival of the Era7 HST125?

If you’re in a happy mood and want to spread the joy, could we ask if one of you would be so kind as to share a link of the video on these two Facebook pages?

Hornby TT:120 Group

New Hornby TT gauge. Modelling and ideas 

As I use Facebook as a “page” rather than as private individual &Greg doesn’t use it at all, I can’t post or comment on those pages, so have had little interaction (only 👍 likes) with the members of those groups. 
Only if you think it’s worth it (if you think what Greg and I are doing is for the greater good)

cheers,

Chris & Greg 

1 hour ago, Peachy said:

Morning Gang, 

If you’re in a happy mood and want to spread the joy, could we ask if one of you would be so kind as to share a link of the video on these two Facebook pages?

Hornby TT:120 Group

New Hornby TT gauge. Modelling and ideas 

Done on both.

• Thanks 1