Accurascale Goes TT

Renoir

Deltics are probably the most likely locos coming from Accurascale. Hornby's only released the old Lima tooling with underscale bogies in their OO Railroad range, so they would need to work from scratch. 

@Rallymatt - if you think the TT:120 thread is misguided… don’t look at the Accurascale thread about their new carbon capture investment:

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/forums/topic/185656-accurascale-–-your-climate-hero/

That thread got locked within the same day it was created due to the ‘interesting’ views expressed by some!

RMWeb is definitely not a particularly calm, chilled place to discuss toy trains!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LTSR_NSE said:

@Rallymatt - if you think the TT:120 thread is misguided… don’t look at the Accurascale thread about their new carbon capture investment:

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/forums/topic/185656-accurascale-–-your-climate-hero/

That thread got locked within the same day it was created due to the ‘interesting’ views expressed by some!

RMWeb is definitely not a particularly calm, chilled place to discuss toy trains!

Yeah, I really like this TT:120 community on the Hornby forum. It's kind of cozy here. No need to get into contentious debates. We can just enjoy some great models! It also seems little by little the group of regular posters is growing here. That's a good sign!

Edited by Generic Hornby Username
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

My figures have arrived - they are brilliant & they are equalled (or even surpassed) by the fantastic Customer Service of the company selling them.

It is extremely encouraging when a business makes a customer feel valued as much as the customer values the product.

Adding this experience to the quality of their products - I very much hope to see Accurascale’s TT:120 range increase. 🤞

• Like 4

Just now, D9020 Nimbus said:

Perhaps not the Transpennine ones, as they're being withdrawn (and Dapol have an exclusive licence for the class 68).

Will be interesting to see if that licence applies to TT120 - ie how well/tightly the contract was written and if/when it expires. The 68/88/93/99 family are ripe for modelling in TT120. 

11 minutes ago, GMD said:

Is it just me or are the colours a little washed out?

The figures aren’t painted - they are 3D printed in the various different coloured plastics.  Therefore the colours aren’t going to be as opaque - but individual tiny details are easier to produce!

• Like 1

I wouldn't expect them to be vibrant, being colour 3D prints.  I suppose you could always add a little gloss or satin varnish to the hi-vis jacket, that might bring it up a little. Leave the rest matt though.

1 hour ago, david_watts1 said:

By the look of the picture, I'm off to call Ghostbusters👻 Oh no, I've got the silly tune in my head now🤣

Who ya gonna call?  'sorry could not resist saying it. lol.. 🙂 

Edited by Irishmail
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Dodge1965 said:

No insult to anyone who bought the men.. I looked and thought... Nasty. The quality doesn't look that good and i'm sure they could have come up with better design ideas.

Which begs the question why get involved in this manner. 

• Like 1