The LMS is a coming!

The latest from the website for the LMS locos and coaches:

29th May - Era 3 LMS Princess Coronation (Atholl) DC 

30th May - Era 3 LMS 57' Coaches, Era 4 BR 57' & Era 5 BR 57' coaches.

The DCC version is in June along with era 4 & 5 locos. A few weeks away but closer than this time last month.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tim Allen said:

The latest from the website for the LMS locos and coaches:

29th May - Era 3 LMS Princess Coronation (Atholl) DC 

30th May - Era 3 LMS 57' Coaches, Era 4 BR 57' & Era 5 BR 57' coaches.

The DCC version is in June along with era 4 & 5 locos. A few weeks away but closer than this time last month.

Where are these dates please?  When I look it just says expected spring 2024. 

7 minutes ago, Irishmail said:

You need to view the webpage’s html source code (also known as metadata) search within that for ‘product:availability_date’.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Irishmail said:

If you use Chrome, then click on the product page you are interested in, and then right click anywhere on the page and select "View Page Source". This gives you a whole load of HTML code, within which is a line of code that says something like "Expected Availability" followed by a date. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Do we really think these date’s should be relied upon? I tend to go with the “it will happen when it happens philosophy”. Do these dates actually flip the status when they are hit or are they just used to determine the season displayed on the page. I suspect the latter

Edited by BritInVanCA
  • Like 1

It's most likely the same issue as seen with the 50' parcel coach causing the R3 restriction so hopefully the modification some people have done to the parcel coaches will fix it for R2 curves.

With my parcel coach I did notice the binding when I initially pushed it by hand but then when I hooked it up to an A4 locomotive it was happy going around my R2 curves in conjunction with 3 MK1 coaches however I suspect a whole rake of coaches with the binding issue would have been a little more problematic.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I should be ok, My main loops are R3 &4 for fast express trains and the slow goods loop is R2 (it's May the 4th R2-D2!). I can see a Princess Coronation pulling a goods rake, well not on my layout anyway!🤣 I do have a small R1 curve to access sidings but this should be ok for smaller shunter locos.

I need to get the layout finished in time for the releases.

Edited by Tim Allen

Posted (edited)

May the forth be with our credit cards... Special one day offer for TT120 ... LMS 'Princess Leia' club special... 🚂🤖🤖🤖😂😂😂

Edited by Kenneth-365689
To make sure it was meant as a spoof. Before people searched for it on Hornbys catalogue.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 hours ago, PeterM67 said:

With my parcel coach I did notice the binding when I initially pushed it by hand but then when I hooked it up to an A4 locomotive it was happy going around my R2 curves in conjunction with 3 MK1 coaches however I suspect a whole rake of coaches with the binding issue would have been a little more problematic.

That was also my experience so I'll hold off buying the 57 foot carriages, as much as I would have liked to own them

• 2 weeks later...

I shall be in the UK in June and was hoping to pick up Duchess of Atholl with HM7000 while I was there (shipping is very expensive for me otherwise). If I get the DC version and an HM7000 chip (presumably R7322 HM7000-21TXS) aside from the £10 higher cost, would this be the same thing?

I would say yes, to date there are no differences in the pre fitted locos and non fitted other than having the decoder/speaker factory installed. The TT:120 Duchess has a Next18 decoder socket, don’t buy a 21pin for it! 

Edited by Rallymatt
Better wording

Yes and yes. If you check the description of any Hornby loco in the webshop, online catalogue etc, it will identify the decoder socket it is made with. Always check, never assume! All the HM DCC/7000 sound decoders come with a speaker and a range of enclosures to maximise the flexibility of the system. So far non trainset steam locos (TT:120) have come with the speaker already pre fitted using contact pins to connect to the PCB with the decoder socket on. Meaning you may end up not needing to fit the speaker from the decoder pack. We will have to see with the Duchess if that continues. I think the recent HSTs came without speakers on the DC supplied packs. 

Edited by Rallymatt
Added detail