Let's see your layouts

Dave_wright_1986

GeoFF03 said:

For what it's worth, here's my little 6x4 layout:

http://s75.photobucket.com/user/ukgeoff/slideshow/railway%20photos

It is brilliant!

This is what it is all about, sharing ideas and enjoying the

hobby. I do hope Hornby allow images to be shared on this forum, everyone will gain, even Hornby.

You have so much going on in there, I am sat here enjoying being part of your layout. Not sure I would be as happy if I was in your traffic jam ;-)

Keep

up the good work

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Graskie said:

PJ, you're to be congratulated on an impressive imaginative approach. Considering you're disabled and have achieved all that in just 3 months, I take my hat off to you. Well done. It would be nice to see the completed project.

And

geoFF, yes, great layout, by the looks of it completed.

Thanks Graskie

I remain humble though, I have seen much better. It is hard sharing something that is miles away from what it will be in time.

I will be adding images on the

forum Gallery my initial links were on ever few weeks. I would love to do the same on the Hornby Forum.

The station pieces are old stuff, just to get the gaps right I think I will be adding Metcalfe's eventually as they are really good looking. I will

also be adding 6 terraced houses (or 4 terraced and a semi) in the next two weeks. I am just working on the lighting, burger bar, cars, street and buffer lights, I will put station lighting wiring in place as I do it but it will be a while before I get to

them. I am still working on the pond and river, creating a weir effect in the river and have some lily leaves and bulrushes coming. I think I have found a fisherman, he is bound to have a bender on his rod with a big carp on the end ;-)

I am limited

what I can do Graskie but I am creative, I love to tinker and know one of the most important things when you have constant pain is 'keep your mind active' I guess that is important for us all when we retire and age continues to gain on us, keep your mind active.

walkingthedog said:

Thanks for that PJ. I did wonder about having an account with the other forum.

It is worth having one if you want to discuss other thing though isn't it?

I think so, the reason I opened other accounts

was because Hornby didn't allow sharing images. The other reason was to get ideas and share ideas. No one has all the ideas but by sharing we all gain, but the other forums allow images which again is part of sharing. We can fill this forum with words but

one image can say it all.

I always think, if i get one idea from someone else or, someone else gets one idea from what I have done we have all gained.

Hi there everyone,

I've been inspired by pictures of your layouts to post a few of my own, so I finally set up a flickr account. They can be seen at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/115231327@N06/.

Most are of my own layout but some

are of a after-school club layout that we have been building over the past few years. A small but very keen bunch of yong lads have spent many hours developing their wood-working, electrical and artistic skills. Some just want to race "Smokey Joe" againt all-comers

scalextric-style around the twin track oval. If they are happy doing that, it's fine by me.

The Doc said:

Hi there everyone,

I've been inspired by pictures of your layouts to post a few of my own, so I finally set up a flickr account. They can be seen at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/115231327@N06/.

Most are

of my own layout but some are of a after-school club layout that we have been building over the past few years. A small but very keen bunch of yong lads have spent many hours developing their wood-working, electrical and artistic skills. Some just want to

race "Smokey Joe" againt all-comers scalextric-style around the twin track oval. If they are happy doing that, it's fine by me.

It looks fantastic Doc. How big is the layout and how long did it take you to get to this level?

Brilliant

thanks

PJ_model_trains said:

It looks fantastic Doc. How big is the layout and how long did it take you to get to this level?

Brilliant thanks

Hi PJ, Thanks for your kind words (and to everyone else too). It took me about 4

years (but I sometimes manage less than an hour a week during term time so I'm definitely a slow worker). Sadly I have had to alter the station/village as it was on first and second radius curves, which my more recent locos don't like. I don't like changing

part of a layout, especially when I'm pleased with what I have achieved, so I put it off for ages. However,as they say, you've got to crack eggs to make an ommelette, and at the moment I'm at the "raw eggs just gone into the frying pan stage" with the replacement

village.

Doc

PJ_model_trains said:

Brilliant thanks

I should have added that the village/station area was/is on a 6'6" x 3'6" board.

However, it is now one end of a much bigger layout (about 15' x 6'6") in our garage (let the cars rust, I say). I'll post more pics when I have got further with the rest of the layout. It has a double track mainline with fiddle yard, junction station and a

branch line which is going to go around two walls of the garage.

Doc

@walkingthedog

I have just been able to view your layout after joining that forum specially. What a long winded process it was, not helped by the fact that I could not answer the Anti-spam questions!

Anyway, it was well worth it to see the work you

have put into it.

Thanks

RDS said:

@walkingthedog
I have just been able to view your layout after joining that forum specially. What a long winded process it was, not helped by the fact that I could not answer the Anti-spam questions!
Anyway, it was well worth

it to see the work you have put into it.
Thanks

Thanks RDS, it's a good forum though.

walkingthedog said:

Very nice Doc, you've packed a lot in. When you've hade enough of the prototype Deltic throw it in this direction please, carefully.

Thanks WTD, The prototype Deltic is a D*pol kit body on a Hornby Railroad

- the body fits onto the Railroad chassis with very little modification, and the chassis runs really smoothly (much better than the old Lima version).

ajwhix said:

Thanks for good comments. Layout is complete but now at the tinkering stage
Still a lot of ideas to incorperate into it

Lovely layout - looks like you can have lots going on at the same time. Is that an original

Blue Pullman or the recent model?