Let's see your layouts

Dave_wright_1986

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

/media/tinymce_upload/572f1c77732396fedd9db32073c20790.JPG

Here's one of the scenes I've been working on (most of the layout has little scenery and this is the only bit awaiting finishing touches / finer detailing)...

Lights are working in night-mode and the signal is automated (layout power off for picture shoot)

Ballast is from mixed sources but the orangey stuff is sand.

I have no airbrush so everthing is weathered by hand...

More work needed on the tunnel portal, that may come in a while...

Given the scale and detail of those who have gone before me, my efforts to date are considerably more amateur. Nonetheless, here is "The Rockdown" to date:/media/tinymce_upload/ef2555265c8c193f2d456a46dab00865.jpg

Ultimately I'm aiming for a quarry, so still a long way to go, the track itself is still incomplete but just to sketch out what I intend... The wavy siding will become a second fiddle yard, similar to the occupied one on the left hand side. The space with the long siding (currently occupied by the lone box wagon) I am considering replacing with a turn table and a small engine shed.

The siding going along the top is to be extended and a very slight elevation introduced to a sort of collection platform. The siding that creeps out of the picture on the far right and then back in, I'll be re-configuring and partially covering to look like a cave/tunnel. 

The next priority though is to upgrade my controller, likely to a HM2000, and a proper baseboard! Then it will be adding the last of the track, more rolling stock and then the bit I'm not looking forward to, the scenary, which will include a mock up on the wall and something hilly in the background.

• 2 weeks later...

/media/tinymce_upload/21c1cfa8d59a80fc59dd42db6d4debc1.jpg

Just a variation on Inglenook shunting puzzle. It kept me occupied during furlough. This is my first scenic layout, just got to add all of the decorative bits and pieces,  tidy up the wiring and put the dcc command station in place and it is done.

/media/tinymce_upload/c04b1c21b0164c47dc0586685e4786b7.jpg

For those of a curious nature, the vent van has a diesel noise generator inside. I may get the new Railroad GBRf Class 20 to replace the 08 and van.

• 2 weeks later...

/media/tinymce_upload/52524c47e389691a625961050451908d.jpg 

I've been working on the passenger station area of Chrik over the last weeks. Cutting back a layer of ply on the down side (nearest the platform to create the edge of the GVT platform and have built the core of the main bridge abutments.

The buildings are just stood in place temporarily to check proportions as are the road bridge Girders which will be painted grey when I have glued them to the deck (yet to be made).

/media/tinymce_upload/7b05b734b28ffcd451cc801baa6eccdc.jpg

The picture second picture is a close up of the up (main) buildings from the doen platform to compare with this view in Flikr https://www.flickr.com/photos/96859208@N07/9478771061 taken at a later period than my model  when the building had lost a few chimney pots, its pagoda hut and gained some grime!. Unfortunately the angle isn't quite right.

For those of a curious nature, the vent van has a diesel noise generator inside. I may get the new Railroad GBRf Class 20 to replace the 08 and van.

Lovely layout. I like the idea of the Deisel generator in the van. Is it a DCC sound chip or something else?

As I have a couple of damaged LIMA 08s I am now thinking of something similar. However, this might be along the lines of replacing the motor in one of the 08s, removing the cab and permanently coupling it to the other both physically and electrically to make a Class 13. Will need to research further as the LIMA 08 is airbraked and I do not know if the acess panels are the same

Just thought I'd mention it incase you might like to get a non runner and try it yourself

Lovely layout. I like the idea of the Deisel generator in the van. Is it a DCC sound chip or something else?

As I have a couple of damaged LIMA 08s I am now thinking of something similar. However, this might be along the lines of replacing the motor in one of the 08s, removing the cab and permanently coupling it to the other both physically and electrically to make a Class 13. Will need to research further as the LIMA 08 is airbraked and I do not know if the acess panels are the same

Just thought I'd mention it incase you might like to get a non runner and try it yourself

81F, it is the Traintech unit, so no synchro, but on the other hand, no delay either. I didn't want to cut the body about to shoehorn in a full fat soundchip and speaker.

Oh, and thanks by the way. It is for taking to exhibitions for people to try their skills.

• 1 year later...