Let's see your layouts

Dave_wright_1986

Thank you for your kind words ellocoloco! That is just one section of the layout, in total there are 12 continuous running circuits and 3 shuttle lines. The layout is at floor level in my loft to give me more space with a central operating area. I can reach every part of the layout to retrieve derailments and to carry out repairs. I would post more pictures but I can’t seem to get them the correct way round.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@SBB

What device are you posting pictures from.

A mobile device sees a picture in the orientation it took it according to its G sensor i.e. it knows which way up is and if you took the picture downside-up it will repost it that way up.

The answer is to hold your mobile device as it normally sees up when posting pictures.

In the case of my iPad I have to take pictures with the device Home button under my right thumb and ditto when adding them to a web post.

I think that looks very good Stephen. You could, to add a little more detail to the sea wall, perhaps create a jetty running along the wall at sea level - perhaps a couple of feet long, with some steps coming down from the top of the wall. With the depth you have between the sea wall and the edge of the board (sea?), would it be possible to add a small fishing boat? Just a couple of ideas to add to the detail. The layout is coming along nicely. BB

This is a picture of Hornby Merchant Navy Class 35020 Bibby Line fitted with the tender from an original unrebuilt loco. Bibby Line ran like this for a while in the late fifties - I have the picture which confirms this. It does actually suit the loco.

forum_image_624f5905277f7.thumb.png.5f1cfd1df298744c0f8ac7cdb0811bdc.png

Off topic but ...

I did Mike. 2/- a week for parking as I remember.

forum_image_625538afe0fb7.png.f980058a8c6643b4c4b1f85a277fc996.png

This is my mate's Hillman estate outside new airframe workshops with me on the bonnet as we prepare to attend briefing as time clock marshals for a local rally. As senior entry we were allowed to wear civvies and to bring the car on camp on certain occasions.

forum_image_625520e89c6cf.thumb.png.e96d1a4646d4d110cd9ef524c8bcb9af.png

@morairamike

Nice to see someone else who has a "decent" depth of ground between a churchyard and a tunnel underneath. I remember seeing a OO gauge layout at an exhibition once which had a church over a tunnel. The church was built on a piece of 5mm plywood and the top of the tunnel mouth actually formed part of the churchyard wall which was full of gravestones. It would be interesting to ponder on where the supposed corpses would be! My own church above a tunnel also had a "decent" depth between it and the tunnel roof.

forum_image_6259c7b7d4cc1.thumb.png.56b18149bd21f2f873ce4e18ae1b9fc8.png