Let's see your layouts

Dave_wright_1986

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you. Over the level crossing is a pub called The Airman. Outside there are two Green Goddess fire tenders. This is a reference to my time in the R.A.F. when I was in charge of a Green Goddess during the fireman's strike in 1977. My crew and I were based in Dundee. We got called to a pub, where the landlady claimed her cat had gone behind the wainscoting panels in the snug. We were advised by the fire officer to remove the wainscoting to release the cat. So we did 2 hours it took. No surprise no car. We were rewarded by the landlady with a pint and a wee dram. When we left the fire officer said we were duped as there was no cat. The landlady wanted to remodel the snug and didn't want to pay to have it removed. We did it for 5 pints and 5 wee drams.

At least it passed the time.

• 3 weeks later...

Western will, thank I’m quite pleased with it. I have to admit I loving watching it running. Though it did take quite a bit off head scratching and some swearing when fitting all the wiring. It took 3 hours to do the main set with the string slipping onto the wrong wheels, between or getting knotted up! forum_image_62837d026677c.thumb.png.4e91efb6d3f05a228232cc961b572125.pngforum_image_62837d0ec5197.thumb.png.87b9d47d53918ab32f658e75c4c0c2e3.png