Hornby Advent Calendar

Alessio

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I might be daft, PJ, but I'm not slow! It was 1872! They had to put a leclanche cell in the tender to heat the boiler element!

Years ago they learnt to boil water, years ago they invented the wheel. Imagine if the cottoned on to a kettle on wheels the steam train may have been invented sooner and we could have missed out.

I hate to think about it  ;o)

Interestingly, the year that the Live Stream first appeared in the Hornby catalogue, is not listed in the answer options available.

Well, Live Stream wouldn't ever be, would it, BB? It would soak the catalogue! I suppose steam probably wouldn't do it any good either, though.

I could look the answer up in my catalogue collection, but I can't be bothered for the chance of a mere £100!

Good morning Roger

A brilliant offer!

I was just thinking, as we do! Interesting how Hornby have put a couple of offers on around this time but up to now have included social media and other items. Could be they have held back on the offers on the Advent Calendar this year. It would have been silly to push offers to get more sales when they were inundated with Black Friday orders and struggling to get them out. Very possible good management although we didn't know it  ;o)

And today, 17 December, is the last ordering day for delivery before Christmas!

PJ

Archived