Average Age

2e0dtoeric

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

No way I can count the hairs fallin' out of my head... the chicks used to dig my hair... and my big, loud motorcycle. Little leary to handle that 800 pound monster nowadays. It just sits there and leaves little spots on the floor... I think I'm gonna ride it today! Thanks for the birthday wishes, guys!

Happy Birthday, Wobblin', hope you have had a great day.  Just sitting here watching Michael Portillo on the ATSF giant recently restored, when he visited Albuquerque, what a beauty, I was expecting you to make an appearance!

OK....

I was "introduced" at about the same time as the Brush Type 4 (Class 47).

"Evening Star" was working on the "Pines Experess" over the Somerset & Dorset at the time! 😉

That makes me 50-something, I think! 😛

Hi Sarah

Only yesterday I was thinking that you were pulling the old 'a lady never reveals her age' bit. From the info you've given  your maths are right - 55 sometime this year. I wish I was that young (knowing what I know now) 😆

OK....

I was "introduced" at about the same time as the Brush Type 4 (Class 47).

"Evening Star" was working on the "Pines Experess" over the Somerset & Dorset at the time! 😉

That makes me 50-something, I think! 😛

Hi Sarah

Only yesterday I was thinking that you were pulling the old 'a lady never reveals her age' bit. From the info you've given  your maths are right - 55 sometime this year. I wish I was that young (knowing what I know now) 😆

Hi PP....

Well, I did think about it....but it seemed only fair to join in! 😉

Recently a friend turned up with two Dublo tin plate coaches in BR blood and custard. He had seen them on top of a skip in his road and thought that I might like them. The house was being cleared by children of the previous (late) owner. They told him that a lot more had been put in the skip earlier - it was now crushed at the bottom and unaccessible. My children have shown no interest in my railway and my oldest grandson doesn't bother with trains now he is 12! I suspect that in due course his 7 year old brother will also abandon his visits to my railway shed. I have insisted that my layout should be given away if they can't be bothered to use it or sell it. I do fear for the long term future of this hobby. Oh yes - 67 years old, by the way. Sorry to post a rather depressing item. The good news is that I have two rescued Dublo coaches! 

If I was there, it wouldn't be the first (or ideed second, third, fourth..) time i had emptied a skip to recover items that I saw value in...

• 2 weeks later...