Great to See the Forum Back

EricJ

Would like to express gratitude to all the people working hard to get the new site & forum running smoothly... I have first hand experience of how thankless tech support can feel at times.

I am sure it has been a difficult task on many levels, and it is encouraging to see appreciation.

R-

• 4 weeks later...
So for instance if I added something on a post about 8 pages down, nobody would ever see it.

But Colin,

If you edited a post on page 8 of an 12 page thread, and that edited post was moved and relocated to the end of page 12 so that others could see your addition. Then the likelihood is that the logical flow of the thread content would be significantly compromised, thus making the thread potentially lose any sense in its content context. Let's say for example that another member left a reply aimed specifically at your reply on page 8, if your reply [due to being edited] now appeared on page 12, then that other members reply [still on page 8] would be referring to what appeared to be a non-existent post. Your idea, just wouldn't be practicable.

Oh yes, I see now. Colin’s post from a month ago.wink

The thing is, that the way I see it, Colin wasn’t really talking about editing a post, but posting a reply to the thread.

His later post clarifies this...

I think that this problem was fixed a little while ago now?

Posted at 22:39:02 Thu 25 Feb 2021 by ColinB.

As per my original post, it is beginning to happen. I have just posted a response to "R3602TTS Coach Compatibility" its position in the list is unchanged so basically you have to scan all the posts to see the ones that have been updated. It is probably going to get worse as given a few new entries, this post will go to the next page so nobody will see it to update it. Every other forum I use, has the list in order they are updated. It needs fixing.