Is anybody else having problems with DPD deliveries?

sxbiker

Still waiting on the 2017 Hornby catalogue that I ordered in November, don’t think I’ll be seeing that now.

I read in the news that some delivery drivers were just opening the back of their vans, pushing all the packages out into a bush and driving off.

Strangely, I ordered some LED lights for my loft on Tuesday, and they’ve just arrived. It’s odd how some things blast through and others arrive by snail.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish I had your luck rob ordered a computer game for my autistic grandson on 2nd December 48 hour tracked. Took ten days before Rm acknowledged they had received it from the supplier,2 days to reach my local mail

centre where it has been for 5days still waiting to go to my local delivery office ,so no chance of that arriving by Christmas. 1 angry grandad 1 disappointed grandson

I've a larger Lego kit ordered for my younger lad, which had been due to arrive yesterday, DPD.

I had been advised on the tracking information that there was an 'unforeseen delay' and it is out for delivery today - here's hoping, but there's still a couple of delivery days left I suppose.

Wouldn't put it past them to deliver on Christmas Day either!

Al.

I would agree with the issues with RM, a loco bottom I ordered two days ago from New Modellers came today as did a loco body I ordered at the weekend. Now the sound decoder I ordered from Road and Rails a week ago and another order from New Modellers at the same time, have still not appeared. So it is not last in, first out. It probably all depends which sorting office handles the sort, I know my one tries really hard, so it is not them Record is a parcel from Peters Spares, posted in September, delivered end of November. Annoying thing was, I thought it was lost so ordered the parts from someone else.

Colin it most certainly is last in first out with Rm, my son ordered an item from the same company a week after me his was delivered a week ago it came to my address so took the same route, obviously they are piling new post on top of items already received then delivering from the front of the pile

The last in first out is likely to be related to targets, which in various jobs I have had really do distort how work is done, especially if they are linked to monetary rewards.

The last in first out will be because the parcel that is sat there for 5 days is a lost cause already, the target is already missed. The newly arrived parcel is an opportunity to hit the target on that particular parcel. So, in a target driven situation the new parcel will get the attention. Simply no point looking at the old parcel.

I have seen so many instances where unrealistic and often meaningless targets are set by management and workers soon derive ways of "achieving" them. Often the main fault is that speed of processing and volumes are targets and so they are met - but as quality may not be measured, then the quality suffers as jobs are rushed through. This is often because computers can measure speed and volume, but cannot do quality !

But, on the computer report the manager gets all they see is that targets are met !! So likely similar with parcels. The target will be "deliver 80 parcels today" - so the last few will just get dumped, result target met, quality of service - well that can be worried about later. Meanwhile the manager is reporting to their manager that 80 parcels have been delivered ! Everyone is happy !! Apart from the last few customers !

Yes Twintop you are right I have seen that sort of thing happen in my old company where the managers were on "Pay for Performance". All dumb ideas, you have met your targets whilst in the background your company is slowly going "legs up". Well I am glad I paid for that sound decoder with Paypal.

DPD have been great for me. Ordered a table on Sunday, arrived Tue. One part damaged (not DPD), replacement arrived today with DPD.

Now Royal Mail.....I have had one item of post in the last ten days................who knows what the sorting office here, or elsewhere, looks like.

(Edit: Have my eye on some Christmas trains but won't be ordering before New Year.)

I ordered an item at 4 o'clock Wednesday Royal Mail delivered it 2 o'clock Thursday ,that's 22 hours.

A parcel I ordered on Saturday so put in Royal Mail post Monday .on Tuesday received email to say it would be delivered Wednesday but it failed to arrive I then received email apologising for non delivery. next day received email to say it was being delivered Thursday ,it was delivered on Thursday by a driver who waited for door to be answered .

I have never had any problems with Royal Mail

• 3 weeks later...

Most are as bad as each other, I get deliveries from Evri, DPD, DHL,TNT, Fedex, UPs and a host of others, the best is UPS by far, at the other end of the scale is DPD. I have complained to Hornby Customer Services on a number of occasions over a number of years. Everything from crushed boxes with boot prints on to boxes with "stab" wounds. I think there is little regard at the sorting depots. That said they all had a tough job pre Christmas with the Post Office strikes and each company picking up extra work. You would be bonkers to think that ordering something, say on the 20th December for example it was going to make it for the big day. If it was delivered on Christmas Day I would have given the driver a big handshake and hug, a mince pie and perhaps a carrot too !

Most are as bad as each other, I get deliveries from Evri, DPD, DHL,TNT, Fedex, UPs and a host of others, the best is UPS by far, at the other end of the scale is DPD. I have complained to Hornby Customer Services on a number of occasions over a number of years. Everything from crushed boxes with boot prints on to boxes with "stab" wounds. I think there is little regard at the sorting depots. That said they all had a tough job pre Christmas with the Post Office strikes and each company picking up extra work. You would be bonkers to think that ordering something, say on the 20th December for example it was going to make it for the big day. If it was delivered on Christmas Day I would have given the driver a big handshake and hug, a mince pie and perhaps a carrot too !

As I said before, come to Australia if you want poor service. I had another delivery from Hornby (The Beatles Singles from Liverpool train pack) delivered to country South Australia 6 days after despatch. But it takes over a week for anything (except Amazon Prime) to come from Melbourne, only 400 miles away.

I keep on getting Delivery Companies either knocking on my door or if I happen to be outside washing my car asking me where is 'Picture House' (a House which back in the day did used o be a 'Picture House' - (an old name for a cinema)) which just so happen has the same Post Code as me (just b/c it is behind my Cottage) - so they think that I am that building just b/c there Sat Nav told them that!!! Most Annoying!!! 😐🚂

Had a "knock and run" by DPD (package not from Hornby), EVRI and Yodel fine. Royal Mail seems to have lost another (Bachman Charles at around £160) but have delivered other packets OK albeit late with more recently ordered items coming soonest. Parcelforce OK since the previous problem.

• 1 month later...

Well after all the good words I said about DPD, today I saw their other side. I ordered a Coca Cola tram off Hornby due to be delivered today between 12.30 and 1.30 as I was waiting for a rep to come about fitting some doors I decided to clean the kitchen as its windows overlooks the front door. At about 12.45 gets a mail to say DPD tried to deliver my parcel. Needless to say I was amazed as if someone had knocked the door I would have seen them. So I decided to phone up DPD Local after I put the parcel number in, the voice said connecting you to the local depot and then the phone went dead. I then thought ok I will send an Email via their site. After filling in all the relevant data the form said "failed to send", 1 tried it 3 times and got the same. So it appears DPD are going the same way as all the others. I suspect the courier was behind schedule and took the easy option, by saying they tried to deliver but could not, thus saving a journey and not being late.