What did you receive today?

South Coast Flyer

My Scotsman digital set turned up today. Not done anything other than open it up and have a brief look so far but looks good. Prompted me to finally (almost) finish planning on anyrail.

now to buy plywood and timber for baseboard building! Oh and might unbox and run in tomorrow. Hopefully!

After reading the Hornby article by Chrissaf on soldering I decided to get an Antex 15W iron and the brass cleaner pot. Article FAQ - How To Solder for Model Railways. :: Hornby Hobbies

Amazon had an iron for £27 but for some strange reason couldn't be posted to my address, so I got it from here £28 free postage C15 230V 15W Soldering Iron - Antex | CPC

and the pot from amazon Hakko 599B Brass Soldering Iron Tip Cleaning Wire – no Water Solder Cleaner with Pot Base 599B-02 : Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

I bought a nice little soldering iron from Lidl a Parkside one and it's battery operated. I've manged to use it quite succesfully on my test layout but the tip is pointed where as the Antex is a chisel one 2.3mm wide I believe, so thought this would be better at soldering the dropper wires etc onto the underside of the rails.

You can also get a number of tips for the Antex one they just pull off.

forum_image_6543aa2100593.png.cd01671c0bd4a2a058afc1f8bd8e0f4f.png

Corgi 1:120 Britannia.

That probably ends my acquisition of Corgi 1:120 models. Starting to feel I’m pushing my luck, spotting rather poorly named eBay auctions where I end up the sole bidder!

However if Hornby/Corgi were to produce a 1:120 die-cast model of the new P2 Prince of Wales - I’d willingly bite.

(Unless Hornby produces a TT:120 example first of course!)

• 2 weeks later...

Nope. They’re an old H&M design basically.

Fitted a few tonight and all working great so that’s my weekend job to finish. Nice to have the option to control through my Select to start with and can add physical switches etc in later to a mimic board with LEDs and potentially even signals using the arm lever on each one. Built in CDUs work a treat too.

For £9 I couldn’t be happier.

Almost a week after I was charged for the pre-order arriving, one DCC Falcon:

forum_image_6564ea800a67d.thumb.png.838a06cbbb2629d98d28e3185437db31.png

Complete with (I think) correct whistle.

But they still are leaving the tape on the screw over the front bogie, and mine is going to need fettling as it looks like the bogies are derailing occasionally. A B2B check and general free movement check required.

I can't help thinking Hornby need a British QC team keeping an eye on things in China !

Almost a week after I was charged for the pre-order arriving, one DCC Falcon:

forum_image_6564ea800a67d.thumb.png.161f32bbf2aac2d3f69858c9a940cbfd.png

Complete with (I think) correct whistle.
But they still are leaving the tape on the screw over the front bogie, and mine is going to need fettling as it looks like the bogies are derailing occasionally. A B2B check and general free movement check required.
I can't help thinking Hornby need a British QC team keeping an eye on things in China !

The A4 really does look fantastic in that dark blue. What a gorgeous locomotive!

Two more Peco BR wagons thanks to Cheltenham models

I just put my 6 on the layout, (had them for a while but not got round to doing anything on Millwood). I don't think I will get anymore, they don't connect as well as the Hornby ones, and TBH the goods yard is a bit overfull. I may decommission the tankers as I am not fond of the tiny tankers, maybe they'll do some larger era 3/4 ones later ?

Having just spent 3 hours getting Falcon to run as she should have out of the box, I didn't feel like fettling wagons too ! laughing