Finally! The digital sound fitted sets are in

Baz657

I've just had to update my card details (the old one expired) so TT1001TXSM – The Scotsman Train Set - Digital (Sound Fitted) digital set can be dispatched.

No news about The Easterner Train Set yet

Edited to add: The Easterner sets are in too!

Got my email for my digital Scotsman so hopefully come next week I'll finally have something to run all those locomotives and rolling stock pilling up on my shelf!

I think I'm glad that I went the Scotsman route considering Hornby have promptly deleted it from the website. It's as if they manufactured just enough to cover the pre orders and have no plans to continue it going forwards.

I think I'm glad that I went the Scotsman route considering Hornby have promptly deleted it from the website. It's as if they manufactured just enough to cover the pre orders and have no plans to continue it going forwards.

Both Scotsman sets are showing again so it seems to have been (yet another) website glitch.

My Easterner set finally arrived on Friday 4th August almost six months to the day from ordering. Now for some fun at last. Although not happy that standard rail pieces likes straights etc are all out of stock now!!

Standard straights have been out of stock for longer than the train sets. I think they do get new stock, but they’re still catching up with pre-orders. If you need more, then I suggest you either put a pre-order in and wait (my order is 7/8 weeks old) or maybe order an extra Track Pack 1 as that has 5 straights in it.

Edit - BTW don’t use the photos of Track Pack 1 as a guide to contents - it seems that the photo for track pack 1 & 2 are transposed.

Well they are not here for everyone that pre-ordered - got an eMail this morning stating that an administrative error has caused them to accept more pre-orders than they have stock for... doh!

The eMail mentioned that pre-orders for both the Easterner and Scotsman sound fitted sets are affected

Well they are not here for everyone that pre-ordered - got an eMail this morning stating that an administrative error has caused them to accept more pre-orders than they have stock for... doh!

The eMail mentioned that pre-orders for both the Easterner and Scotsman sound fitted sets are affected

At least now I know I’m not the only one! Roll on September. When I ordered it only two weeks ago I expected September anyway so not a massive issue. Except the payment has been taken….

I got the dreaded email too. It seems poor business management, if you tell your customers your order has arrived in stock one week, and the next week, you tell them they had accepted more orders than stock, and you couldn't fulfil what you said. There was no offers of alternatives or discount for the disappointment. Shoddy customer service.

My Easterner set finally arrived on Friday 4th August almost six months to the day from ordering. Now for some fun at last. Although not happy that standard rail pieces likes straights etc are all out of stock now!!

Mine also arrived Friday. Unfortunately it' isn't working. App downloaded and set upready to go but sadly when I scan for the locoitisn't found :( I have tried 3 android apps and one ipad with same result on all 4. Phoned the tech dept who, after telling him what comes up on the screen asked for a screen shot as He has never heard of this problem. Ah well, patience is a virtue. I have never had any problemswith Hornby before.

@IAN would you be willing/able to post the screenshot of the error here? It is just possible that a member of the Beta Test team may have encountered the problem and be able to offer some assistance.

I have attached a photo by my mobile, admins were looking at it but not come through yet. What it says is this___HM_43B2 Manual reset needed. Ah, it's just come on.