Hornby hobby reward points

If it is for a pre order then you won't receive them until you have had the item,if it is from a recent received item then you will get them after 21 days, just give it a few more days, or try logging out and logging back in again.

I have to speak with Customer Service, because I haven't had points added for items I have received in November. So it appears that there is "a bug" in the system. On close inspection one of the items is not shown on the list of completed items, Whilst another doesn't show anywhere on the rewards list.

I am also waiting for pending Rewards Points to clear which has been long over 21 days. Customer services informed.

Edit: I’ve no doubt the mods are aware of this, and therefore Hornby are too, but in the slight chance this isn’t on Hornby’s radar, could a mod pass it along?

• 5 months later...

Bringing up this old thread. I am wondering if the 21 days is from when it is posted to you or when you actually receive it. If the latter, it seems unfair for those living in the Antipodes as it adds an extra 2 to 3 weeks for the allocation or reward points. My reason for asking is that I will have over 5,500 points after my purchase of my new Flying Scotsman which was despatched on 24th June but didn't arrive here until a couple of days ago and I have rellies family in the UK till end next week to post whatever I buy to. (saving the 50 pounds postage - Yes, the pensioner in me is showing again)

Surely it has to be from the posting date (how would they know when it arrived?). In which case, yours still have a few days left on the count.

And that is my point - we in Australia don't get the 'cooling off period' and how do they know when it was delivered - according to their schedule, that is not until end of this week, not taking into account how quick UPS was.

Doesn't the courier inform the seller when the item has been delivered? I'm sure Hornby have a policy regarding overseas sales. Why not drop them a line and ask.

Edited by Brew Man
  • Like 1

Certainly senders can see/use courier tracking, since if the parcel goes astray, it is the sender who claims compensation!

I have always understood ‘delivery’ to mean successful completion/receipt of delivery.

Edited by LTSR_NSE

I contacted Hornby customer services and they fasttracked my pending points, i have ordered what i want and hopefuly it will be delivered before end next week when rellie leavese the old dart and heads back home. 

• Thanks 1

WOW!!! How fast is the UK postal service. I ordered some stuff on Thursday night (UK time) It was despatched Friday arvo, and delivered in Essex 10.30am Saturday. Sending memo on it to Australia Post.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Aussie Fred said:

How fast is the UK postal service.

There is a suggestion, @Aussie Fred, that the parcel side of the Royal Mail [the more lucrative] is given precedence over the letters side. Can’t deny that delivery time though is very good indeed. R-