I regret to inform . . Yelrow

96RAF

I have been requested by his wife Heather to pass on the sad tidings that John Worley (Yelrow) passed away yesterday.

John as most of you will know was outspoken at times on the forum, but an avid collector and fountain of knowledge about trains in all scales and particularly good for information about Hornby-Dublo 2 and 3-rail locos.

Please keep any comments to this post and I would request that no one uses a PM as they will not be seen.

• Sad 3

That's terribly sad news. I have known John through various forums for a number of years. He always attended the Model Railway forum Zoom meetings we used to hold at Christmas. He will be sadly missed and I offer my condolences to Heather and the family. Barry 

• Like 1

The Forum has just lost a lot of general experience and knowledge, in particular Hornby Dublo and 3 Rail.  John was a valued member of the Forum. RIP John.

Condolences to Heather.

• Like 1

• 96RAF pinned and featured this topic

My sincerest condolences to Heather and all of John’s family.

I have been fortunate enough to have known him on the forums since he first joined and on separate email too.  I was able to help him when he was first exploring DCC and RM.  I was one who encouraged him to go beyond his comfort zone which was needed to get him running on RM.

Will be sorely missed.

• Like 5